AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: COZMO Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/06/05 04:32 PM
does anyone know of a boarding kennel, either in San Pedro or Belize City
Posted By: SimonB Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/06/05 11:47 PM
Kathy Marin, Pampered Paws, San Pedro, 226-2227

$30BZ per day plus food.

S...
Posted By: COZMO Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/07/05 05:45 AM
tks - I know Pampered Paws, not a lot of room there, but it will do, I have a very energetic dog, it would be nice if she had some room to exercise., Maybe, we need a real boarding kennel here.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/07/05 10:14 AM
It maybe small but the dogs do go out regularly for walks and you won't find anyone who will take care of your dog better or loves dogs more than Kathy.

P.S. As her business continues to grow kennels are in her plans, the design process is underway already.
Posted By: Katie Valk Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/07/05 02:33 PM
Rosie Flores, vet-assist, boards pets at her kennel in Burrell Boom, vital for you folks on the cayes when hurricane comes. I leave mine with Rosie when needed and pay her kids a few extra bucks to sneak the dogs into their rooms at night. 225 9085 or 606 9406.
Posted By: PattiCake Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/07/05 07:53 PM
Katie, what DOES happen when the hurricanes come? Do people stay on AC?
Posted By: Katie Valk Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/08/05 02:20 PM
Well, first of all, and someone will surely know the exact statistics, chances of one hitting are quite slim, but I have insurance and a plan none the less.
Posted By: PattiCake Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/08/05 11:20 PM
But do people stay on the island or do they leave when it looks as if it is getting bad?
Posted By: COZMO Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/09/05 02:47 PM
katia marin.. Pampered Paws
Phone & Fax # 501-226-2227
[email protected]
Posted By: klcman Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/09/05 03:26 PM
excellent idea - hideout from a hurricane in a kennel!
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/09/05 10:23 PM
They evacuate if there's time. Otherwise, they hunker down in the Concrete buildings and try to survive!!!
Posted By: Ebony & Ivory Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/29/05 01:05 AM
Just want to give my two cents for Pampered Paws and Katia. She is GREAT! We live in SP and were in the U.S. for four weeks. A friend cared for the dog while housesitting, but Katia walked our Weimarainer every afternoon; he was quite spoiled when we returned. She even tended to him and obtained veterinary care after a vicious dog bite that could have been very serious.
Posted By: SimonB Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/29/05 03:22 PM
Your dog is great except for one thing - he peed all over my leg and shoes one day when Kathy and I were walking him. Dogs still walk up and try to sniff my shoes, makes me very nervous. Other than that he's a very lovable character.
Posted By: Ebony & Ivory Re: Dog Boarding Kennel? - 04/29/05 08:56 PM
Sorry about that.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board