AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: HavinFun Hold on tight! - 07/16/05 04:49 PM
To all of our friends and acquaintances in San Pedro HOLD ON TIGHT!!!!!!!! Looks like Emily is coming through. You all will be in our prayers for a safe passing while she makes her way through. Take care dear friends!
Posted By: SASSIK Re: Hold on tight! - 07/17/05 12:07 AM
Let me add my prayers to yours. I talked to my daughter yesterday and she says everyone is getting ready but not really expecting a direct hit. They will be on the dry side if it hits Cancun. She promised they would board up and head for the safety of Xanadu if it gets bad.
Posted By: Barbara K Re: Hold on tight! - 07/17/05 01:08 AM
I saw Su yesterday and she is hanging in there with the cats!!!!! ;-)
Posted By: SASSIK Re: Hold on tight! - 07/17/05 02:10 AM
Thanks Barb. You're a dear. The worst thing is the phones are usually out and I get my information the same place everyone else does - from the weather channel.
Posted By: Gela Re: Hold on tight! - 07/17/05 03:38 AM
Well, I am holding my breath for AC. I remember watching this Board when Keith came ripping through back in 10/2000. I fell in love with the Island and its people as I watched them pick up the pieces through their posts on this board.

Hang in there - I plan to be there in 4 weeks and if it means my trip is spent helping get the Island back on its feet - then it will be my pleasure. Of course, I do not wish for this disaster upon Belize, so, I am saying extra prayers.

Thanks for keeping us informed through this thread.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board