AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Anonymous Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/25/05 09:18 PM
Hi you guys,
Just heard from a VERY reliable source that filming is currently happening for Survivor/Gualemala in the Peten Jungle. Supposed to wrap up August 4/5. That is very close to the Belize border.
For those who enjoy Mayan history, I think this will be a great story, and may shed a great deal of light on the area.
Guatemala is gearing up for an influx of tourists following the Fall airings, much like the influx after the Sex show in Belize a few years ago... what was the name of that???
I also hear that a former Dallas Cowboy q-back is one of the contestants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheerz!
i'll be looking forward to it....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/26/05 05:55 PM
Vicki... I don't remember the name of the show but what I DO remember was than neigher you nor I were on it! :rolleyes:

dog... wow, with those eyes I bet you can even see my new Belize and Travel website at:

http://www.dennyshanetravel.com/

cool
and here I thought the future of self promotion was at shamelessplug.com
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/27/05 01:37 PM
what shameless plug? I was simply pointing out an obervation on your sight abilities and aquity eek
Posted By: NYgal Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/27/05 01:41 PM
I was just looking for this thread.

I wondered when you were going to work in your "shameless plug" wink

Those eyes sure have made it around the world and back.... now put them back inside dog eek
Posted By: Now Danny Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/28/05 11:20 AM
How does a guy do that? I'm going to keep an eye out for him. I only have one good eye as it is, the other eye will look at anything. wink wink
Posted By: megantc Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/28/05 07:21 PM
Hello -

I am gathering stories for a potential television program, and I am looking for information regarding anyone that has had experience with any "bugs" caught while in the area of San Pedro.

Any stories are great, but if you are from the US, and picked something up while visiting the islands, it would be great to hear from you.

Please note - looking only for exotic diseases, please no correspondance regarding STD's.

Thanks! Megan
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/28/05 07:44 PM
Megan,
I can only think of one person you might want to check with... Robert up at Sundiver Resort. About a year or so ago, he had something that was "exotic", but I don't know the details.
As for most of us, other than the routine Monty's revenge and such, our only exotic disease is "doireallyhavetogohomealready-itus".
Good luck.
[Linked Image]

laugh
Posted By: SimonB Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/28/05 08:28 PM
It seems that the only exotic on AC is Dengue and cases are fairly rare. I'm sure there's also Hep A and B but you don't hear much about them. The mainland is where you want to go for good diseases like Typhoid, which I caught and Malaria, which my ex caught. A friend of mine did end up with some flesh eating disease way down south in the Sapodillas a couple of years back, almost ate his calf off.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Yaxha National Park/Guatemala - 07/29/05 02:07 PM
Dog-Prev? Alumn? what year? (BS-72, Med 74) :p
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board