AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ScubaLdy NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/29/06 02:26 PM
I've been diving with Everette Anderson who has his own small operation; Belize Diving Adventures. He rented the dock in front of the cemetery, near the Texaco dock, from Martin Leslie. Everette put a lot into painting and fixing up his operation. Recently Martin sold it to a fellow named Steve who is going to run an operation connected to Aqua Marina Suites and Aqua Divers. Everette's lease is not up until February 23rd, however, the new owners has already started making changes, including painting over the name and putting his up. Everette and his wife don't want to make a fuss but I do. This will gravely impact Everette's' business for the next month. I'm at a loss as what I should and should not do to help and not hinder the situation. I would appreciate feedback.
confused
Posted By: ambergrishog Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/29/06 03:00 PM
Unfortunately I can not help on the docking rights, however, I can attest to the fact Everette is one of the best scuba/tour guides on the island. If you want totally personalized service and a great mix of fun and safety, he is your guy. Hopefully someone can give this wonderful young man a break. Going diving with him again in just a few days. Can't wait.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/29/06 04:00 PM
Call and I'll dive with you.
Posted By: clover Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/29/06 04:15 PM
Try Woody's.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/29/06 06:09 PM
I also have dove with Everette for more than three years on San Pedro,he and his wife Enes are running a top-notch operation.Anyone able to help him out with docking rights would be doing good people a great favor
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/30/06 07:21 PM
If you own the permit to manage the dock you have rights - if you don't own the permit to the manage the dock you don't have rights. If you have an agreement with the permit holder, and if he is an honourable man, you have limited rights. Otherwise, you need to learn a harsh lesson and try not to repeat that class. So sad but true.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 01/30/06 09:42 PM
The "Steve" involved is Steve Lee, who whilst diving with Protech over Christmas was busy poaching my staff. I only learned the extent of his deeds after returning for a visit to the UK. I have heard several rumours that I have sold Protech, and the common element to two of these is Steve Lee. No doubt he made Martin Leslie an offer he couldn't refuse - that's certainly what happened with my two ex-instructors. Everette (of whom I have heard very good things) has my considerable sympathy. I suppose any legal action would take too long to be effective - how about a restraining injunction?

I meant to add - Steve Lee's website (www.ecologicdivers.com) has been up for a few weeks and says they are currently operating. Clearly the legal nicety of not yet having rights of occupation doesn't concern him, or his new staff.

Another fact - on his website he displays the PADI logo, but if you check the PADI website you'll see that the business is not registered with PADI.

I must say I didn't know he had anything to do with AquaMarina/AquaDives. Does anyone have anything more on this?
Posted By: Chris Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 02/02/06 04:35 AM
ScubaLdy, your original concerns on this thread appear to have been allayed. On another thread the new owner of the dock/dive shop has said that Everette is welcome to stay until the 23rd Feb.
Posted By: hlansford Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 02/09/06 04:59 PM
Is this the same Everette that used to work at the dive shop in front of Crazy Canucks? If so he is a great dive guide. I will need to know where to find him for when I return in the summer.
Posted By: Scuba do Re: NEED HELP - DOCKING RIGHTS - 02/13/06 06:07 PM
You can contact Everette @ belizedivingadventures.net
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board