AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Chris "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:08 AM
Trip Advisor is a big BIG commission based website. Here's the link to their top 9 hotels on Ambergris Caye. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g291961-Ambergris_Caye_Belize_Cayes-Vacations.html Anyone see anything wrong with the list?? Anyone see anything bogus about the list? Anyone get the impression that most of the hotels deserve to be there but that one or two of those hotels should not be there and are a FIX?
Posted By: travelqueen Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:12 AM
Tim, where did the "dirty laundry" go? It's unfortuante that so this person is trying to promote hotels for her/his own benefit. Shame.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:15 AM
Jeez! Is this the day for deleted post or what?
Posted By: klcman Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:16 AM
yah and they already pulled Tim from the forums there....buttheads.
Posted By: Chris Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:17 AM
Hola Travelqueen, I saw that too, it was a good post, I think he deleted it thinking that discretion was the better part of valor. I think he should have left it up there, it rang true. Sorry about deleting my post, Atomic Cindy deleted hers and mine therefore didn't make sense.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:18 AM
I have been busted from this page. Why? a
And who are the new Cops? I believe we should know who they are. Or is this the G......?
Posted By: Tim Jeffers Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:24 AM
Sorry travelqueen- I deleted myself. I will post again tomorrow if I have time. I decided that my post wasn't "politically correct". Guess these 14 hour days are taking a toll on me. I can handle 12. Ever since I turned 40 I just don't do too well with the last 2...

Tomorrow!

Tim
Posted By: deacon+ Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:25 AM
I have been informed that "they" are new, give them time.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:37 AM
Time my ass. Who are they?
Posted By: atomicindy Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:46 AM
Just to let everyone know, I did not delete my message. Someone else did.
Posted By: klcman Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:47 AM
diff thread atom, not this one.....
Posted By: deacon+ Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:51 AM
Not stirring things up, that is what I was told when I asked 'what happened to my post'.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:56 AM
klc, it was this one. You probably blinked hense you missed it. We've now combined two threads into one! Stranger things have happened.

deac, what are you talking about?
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 12:51 PM
Let's not forget that this is Marty's board and with that goes... he basically can do what he wants, when he wants. Since we do not PAY to be on here, then we abide by the rules...

Personally, I don't think we need to know who the 'cops' are. I certainly wouldn't want to be one with some of the childish actions on here sometimes.

It just dawned on me why not have an account simply called Board Cop and ALL of the 'cops' or monitors have access and can delete postings when they see fit and then put in a posting in its' place that simply says: Removed by Board Cop and then Reason:

Shrug
eek
Posted By: sandb Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 01:28 PM
I forgot, what was the topic?
Posted By: seashell Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:02 PM
Reasons like what Denny? Would we then see honest posts like these:

This post was removed by Bored Policeman #1. Reason: I removed it because I don't like you, I never have and I never will.

or This post was removed by Bored Policeman #2. Reason: I'm hungover and your post just didn't go well with rhe hair of the dog I had with my wheaties.

or This post was removed by Bored Policeman #3. Reason: It contained language that I found unacceptable. However, should you feel comfortable openly expressing your sexuality and body parts, this will not be a problem.

or This post was removed by Bored Policeman #4. Reason: I don't understand your sense of humor and never will unless I finally get one of my own.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 02:45 PM
SS - there you go again! laugh
Posted By: Ernie B Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 03:12 PM
I hate it when I agree with SS, But ........ laugh
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 03:26 PM
seashell... I would never ...ooops, I've said too much now. eek
Posted By: Belikin Bill Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:08 PM
You made me laugh ss and if I posted my first thoughts on many posts Marty would probably ban me from the board.

I think the board is still one of the most open I have seen. It seems to operate on the general premise of remaining somewhat factual and not being "too" offensive.

I heard that Denny really is a board police. When you coming out of the closet Denny?

laugh laugh
Posted By: seashell Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:12 PM
I think he just did.
Posted By: Marty Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:13 PM
i missed all the self deleting. i feel deprived
Posted By: Marty Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:17 PM
personally, i don't trust tripadvisor AT ALL. seen too many crazy things on that message board. and really thats what it is. anyone can write anything, no need for the facts. and what they write can really hurt a place. not enough editing on there. i wrote some total crasy stuff once just to test and it stayed up sooo long, may still be there i quit checking a few months ago.

its like a junior high school election with no limit on how many times one can vote. popularity contest with no basis in reality, or very little basis in reality. i didn't read their top ten list for ac, but i have a feeling its as bogus as a toy election.
Posted By: seashell Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:18 PM
Why suffer from defeat when you can self-delete?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:23 PM
Marty - check in w/ Tim -it was a good post - you are right on the mark re: Trip Advisor and several others as well -
At least here you can find a variety of opinions, even if posters (including me) post the same opinion several times in response to questions from different people.
Posted By: Marty Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:23 PM
as for deleting, and board police, denny is not one currently but i would certainly welcome him and issue him a badge.

and 99.9% of the deleted posts are either

1} mean to someone
2) rude
3) all the above

that pretty much sums it up
Posted By: SimonB Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:24 PM
I did notice that a certain "friend" of Belize has numerous posts and lot of the other posts look like they were written by marketing types.
Posted By: Marty Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:24 PM
will check with tim...
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: "Best" hotels on Ambergris? - 02/22/06 04:48 PM
Sorry gang... I am not an undercover cop. There are a few on here that I would LOVE to be under the covers with but that's for another posting... one that I am sure the coppers would definitely delete. eek
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board