AmbergrisCaye.com Home
So, if your room doesn't have a safe what does one do with their valuables such as cameras, iPods, cash,traveler checks, etc... when just hanging around town or snorkeling?

I'm concerned about keeping all my eggs in one basket(backpack) and something happening to it?

Thanks!

Pat
Most hotels have safes. Ask them if they would allow you to store those things there......
I agree with clover, most resorts have office safes. Of course, since there is absolutely no place to wear any valuables on the caye, you might also want to consider leaving them at home.

I'd carry my camera everywhere, you never know when that one shot will appear. Leave the iPod at home, take cash with and not leave it anywhere. eek
Agreed. The advice on the board was great before our most recent trip. We carried small wallets with us on our bodies at all times, and our cameras were always arouns our necks. Touristy, yes. safe, oh, yeah!
Don't forget to copy your passports and keep them separate from the rest of your luggage!!
I took color photocopies of our passports with us. Anyplace we cashed a TC they were fine with the copies. Left the passports in room/hotel safe.
One other way, is to travel, using a Pelican Case, by the way we are the largest Distributer in the South East USA.
The case is guarenteed for life, and is 100% waterproof, hard shell, and 2 places to put real locks on with stainless steel protectors to keep from breaking.. I travel with a Model 1560,which has wheels, and pull up handle, big enough to carry most of my stuff, and can lock it up in the room when out. Have no problem with this size as carry-on, so far. They make over 30 sizes, from small enough to fit digital cameras, to very large to put diving equipment in. I sell a lot to the Military and aerospace, since it protects all. Go on and contact me by my e-mail address.
Use the e-mail under my name or contact me, if interested. I works for me, and love it.
Actually, I do have a couple of Pelican cases. What about when snorkeling, where do you keep all your cash, passports, etc...?

Pat
some hotels will keep your stuff at the front desk or in the hotel safe. write down what you give them & have them sign it. CYA.

and, when getting around, don't forget to keep your money & stuff dry in ZIPLOCS!!!
Pat, I keep them locked up in my luggage, which is a Pelican 1560 case. Hard for someone to walk out of a room with your big case, and not be noticed.
Sweet Jane, try a Pelican mini case. good for life.
1010 to a 1060 Pelican case.
We have in stock, as well as all other Pelican Cases. That is my business.
ah, steve, but when your rum or hot sauce leaks in your pelican case, your contents will still get wet & smelly. USE THOSE ZIPLOCS, FOLKS, 1001 uses!!! (klc will attest to my knowledge on this)
amen sister. i like using the waterproof bags at outdoor type stores (like REI) also. all sizes. kinda thick plastic bags sort of. good for lotions and liquids for on the plane also.

gotta see these pelican cases. off to google em
man they look RAD
RAD is correct.
Could you chain laugh that bad boy to the water pipe in the bathroom?
Either a chain, or a stainless cable, would do the trick.
Now you have your own and controlled safe, that you can take to any resort.
Check out my web site
www.floridacase.com
Go to Pelican. List not complete, but being updated as we speek.
uh, no offense, steve, but are we allowed to advertise our personal business on this board???
Am I advertising or giving info concerning the start of this topic. I use this case when I travel, to be safe.
Why would I talk about this, and not direct them to my site, verses some place else.
Should I put this topic in the sell stuff, you tell me.
While Pelican cases certainly do have their place, travelling with them for reasons other than storage of delicate equipment isn't as sensible as it looks. First, there's weight issues. Second, you might just as well carry around a sign that says "I have valuables in here". smile
Darn...I was gonna buy one! Took the wind out of my sails.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So, after reading Dan's thread(not his blog, yet) - 03/13/06 08:36 PM
seems to me one post = info
multiple posts including website links start looking a lot like advertising
I don't own this company...but I think they can help

http://www.sigarms.com/
Very clever Clover
Posted By: Anonymous Re: So, after reading Dan's thread(not his blog, yet) - 03/13/06 09:35 PM
Ah, Clover - so predictable :rolleyes:
That was kinda pricey.........this works good too

http://www.sluggermuseum.org/giftshop.aspx

Give one of those to the guy in Pedro1's avatar and rest easy while you're in town!

These are awesome condo protection devices!!

http://www.nwtrappers.com/catalog/traps/bear.asp

Or Barter!!! Trade for room protection!

http://www.loletacheese.com/ourfeaturedproducts.html
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board