AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: RobertE Anyone ever been to Kona - Words of Wisdom? - 09/18/06 04:22 AM
Going to Kona in 7 weeks. Any must see/dos and avoid at all costs? Doing the Manta night dive, orchid farms in Hilo and a helicopter over Kilauea.

Was hoping someone could steer me to the equivalent of a BC's.

Thanks,

Robert
Hola Robert: it has been a few years since I went to the Big Island, but I really enjoyed a snorkeling trip at Captain Cook's Bay. Very interesting history and beautiful snorkeling.

A quick story about that trip: my former boyfriend and I met Mark Gamble on the boat (yep, the son of Proctor & Gamble fortune). He lives on acreage near Kona and runs a coffee plantation. We were invited back to his spread for drinks and a tour. A very humble and low key guy, who is worth millions.

Also, I recall some beautiful waterfalls near Hilo and the hike was cool to get there.

Don't think there is anything like BCs there!
KONA Robert???
Oyyyy... and I want to go back and stay/live in Belize forever and I thought you two were right there as well! (?)
O.K., check out (if you haven't already) www.konaweb.com as they have a great group of folks there and will answer all questions you pose to them honestly.
Also, I would suggest you purchase and peruse the book "Hawaii The Big Island Revealed" It's a really great book and tells secrets that locals don't want ya to know. All of these books "revealed" are VERY good about the Islands! The problem is lately, that locals are removing the mile markers (as the book is set up this way) so tourists can't find the special spots they are looking for.... sooooo� set your odometer when you are "in search of" dude!
Anywho, we LOVE Huggo's and always eat at Kona Inn because I want to, but there are many other places which are grand! NOTHING like BC's is there as far as I know and we have gone there on vaca a few times prior to moving and several times since we have arrived. I've asked and asked and searched and searched Robert but nadda. Not on Maui, Kaua'i, Lana'i, Moloka'i or O'ahu either. Some very cool places on the Islands, but none compare to the "ambiance" of B'C's.
Where are you staying? Dan is over there often and if I have nothing going on Maggie and I sometimes join him. If you and Loie want to do lunch, let me know. OH... you can do Maui for a day trip too and we'll haul ya around this Island! cool
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board