AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Teenah What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 12:25 AM
I'm trying to buy tickets to Belize City from Seattle for my sons, after Christmas. I keep waiting for the fares to come down a bit...but I'm starting to get nervous. I know that ultimately it's a crap shoot, but does anyone have any information on the expected trend for airfare? Come on you Anti's and all others. Let's hear it!

Hi to all of my board friends...the best friends I've never met. Hey NY! You need a haircut. Chloe gal {{{hug}}}, SS nice hearing from you today. Denny, Ernie, KLC, Law, Bill, SIN, Gay, Deacon, Gela etc,etc...hope you are ALL well.
Posted By: Chloe Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 12:39 AM
{{{hug}}} Ms Teenah!

I got a quote from Milwaukee to Belize for my son on Cont'l flying Feb. $661.xx now. But can't book until after his surgery in Nov.
Posted By: klcman Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 12:59 AM
Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo T!
Posted By: Teenah Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 01:37 AM
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO KLC. That all you got to say for yourself bwai!? Thanks for the responses ya'll....keep em coming.

"Shuffles", nice to see you....XXOO
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 01:47 AM
Hi Teenah!!! I am jumping up and down frantically waving at you! Can you see me? eek
Posted By: Teenah Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 01:56 AM
I can see you!!!! I can see you Denny!!!! You feeling ok? My Haley is having a great year. Knowing what you do about stroke injuries, picture this: Haley is a cheerleader! I'm not sure how she'll do, but you have to admit, she's got nerve! I hope you are well.
Posted By: NYgal Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 02:04 AM
Hey T....you in a hair cuttin mood smile Let's color it purple or blue OMG wink

All's well in NYville.....another trip comming up to GUESS where and the kids wanna go back to Disney...Loads of fun and down time laugh

Hurrah for Haley..she'll do fine. If Denny can jump and wave they can both be on the squad smile

Nice ta see ya in writing smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 02:18 AM
Hi, Teenah! Miss the updates about you and Haley. Trip for the boys sounds fun - how much of a gambler are you? My experience is about 45 days out is as cheap as you are gonna get - but I only know from California, so who knows what that's worth! smile
Posted By: krehfish Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 01:25 PM
Chloe: The price from Mil. is pretty good. What kind of surgery do you have to have to qualify?
Posted By: Chloe Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 01:31 PM
Krehfish, trust me you would not want THAT surgery, even for a free ticket. After 6 cycles of chemo, cleanup surgery on bladder and lymph nodes.

Ticket price seemed reasonable to me, too.
Posted By: klcman Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 02:36 PM
So, is Momma going with him??

and T! What else ya want me to say?? :p
Posted By: Denny Shane Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 02:36 PM
Teenah, seriously, I am estatic about Haley! A cheerleader? Good Lord, watch the boys all falling all over now! eek
Posted By: Gela Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 03:25 PM
Hey Teenah - nice to hear from you. As for airfares - don't know what to tell you. I hope that you find something that works for your pocket book.

Some day, I hope to see you on AC again laugh
Posted By: Chloe Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/10/06 10:52 PM
Klc, sorry did not notice til now, you might have been asking this Mom that question?
Posted By: klcman Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 02:59 AM
Yup
Posted By: Chloe Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 03:04 AM
Oh I thought so! HA!
Posted By: J DOG Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 11:38 AM
Paid $550 last Feb.06, Paid $739 for this Feb.07,
could of got it for $658 but did'nt like the ideal of 2 stops & changing air lines & arriving at 4pm. leave Dayton Oh. at 6:15am. have 1 stop & get to Bze. at 11:39am. for the $739.
Is it worth the extra bucks? Hell yes!!
Posted By: Barbara K Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 06:21 PM
who knows but I would guess "going up." Also Continental just announced that as of March 31 they are no longer offering "net" or bulk fares to the consolidators (only for a few high producing ones) so that should change things a bit - probably for the worse. Buy now or soon - if it goes down significantly with a sale, you can re issue and get the credit (has to go down over $100 per ticket at least to make it worthwhile)
Posted By: kcbc Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 07:22 PM
My consolidator just told me that they lost their bulk fare arangement with AA.
Prices from Miami to Belize are terrible.
Posted By: Nova Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 09:50 PM
Yikes - better grab our tickets for end of Jan. Last year paid $1700 CDN each (21 days notice), now around $1200. Was hoping they'd go lower, but sounds like not. Thanx.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/11/06 11:23 PM
Geez, still about $750.00 from Mi. Doesn't appear it's going down much.
Posted By: sassybelizean Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/12/06 09:10 AM
Hi Teenah,I just did a search earlier via Cont. from Portland,OR..RT is $832,with a change-over in Houston...not bad.It will get higher as the holidays approach...Good luck..
Posted By: J DOG Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/13/06 02:53 PM
Just saw some lower airfares on Orbitz Day- Bze $628 all taxes incl.
Posted By: sweetjane Re: What is your hunch??? - 10/13/06 03:51 PM
hi teenah. no, i am not insulted that i am not amongst your "old friends" (jane makes puppy-dog eyes). i'm hardly on anymore. but, HI!! glad all is well w/you & yours. same here in PA, but getting cold.

for fun, i ran 2 seasrches on cheaptickets.com for 2 different dates. rates are higher by $200 leaving 1/04 than 1/10. are the dates flexible? here is 1/10/07:

$516+ $101 taxes & fees =$617 per person

LeaveWed, Jan 10 Continental Airlines 223

Continental Airlines

Depart: 6:05am
Arrive: 12:10pm
Seattle, WA (SEA)-Houston, TX (IAH)

change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 20min

Continental Airlines 1628

Depart: 1:30pm Arrive: 4:05pm
Houston, TX (IAH) Belize City, Belize (BZE)
* 2hr 35min
* | Boeing 737

Total duration: 8hr 0min

Return Wed, Jan 17 Continental Airlines 1652

Depart: 4:55pm Arrive: 7:33pm
Belize City, Belize (BZE)Houston, TX (IAH)
1 stop in IAH

* 2hr 38min * | Boeing 737

Change planes. Time between flights: 1hr 12min
Continental Airlines 467
Depart: 8:45pm Arrive: 11:31pm
Houston, TX (IAH)Seattle, WA (SEA)
* 4hr 46min * | Boeing 737

Total duration: 8hr 36min

hope this helps??
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board