AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: waterman, D.D.S. Food? - 03/17/07 11:19 PM
Anyone know where to get good Italian food or maybe Chinese?
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta Re: Food? - 03/18/07 01:59 AM
chinese... there's LOTS of places... but my fave was right across from the basketball/football court (near the airstrip)... i don't remember the name of it but it's upstairs...

there was always enuff food for at least 2 or 3 ppl! they have "combos" and those there's enuff to feed 2 or 3 ppl! too much food but good! laugh
Posted By: CB Belize Re: Food? - 03/18/07 02:07 AM
i think your talking about JADE Garden, it closed a little while ago, one of the best restaurants on the island
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Food? - 03/18/07 02:25 AM
No, you've been gone too long. Theres an excellent restaurant upstairs across the 5-a-side. A branch of a long-time Belize City favorite.
Posted By: JZB Re: Food? - 03/18/07 07:22 PM
Chon San Palace I think its called
Posted By: CB Belize Re: Food? - 03/18/07 09:58 PM
ha,
jesse your right i have been gone too long.......
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Food? - 03/19/07 12:13 AM
there is this place just up from the field ... what the heck is it calld... has the best dump.ings..... cna�t remember but dang good... maybe keli knows... i�ll ask her to comment...

otherwise, jade garden is good!!!
Posted By: klcman Re: Food? - 03/19/07 01:05 AM
read, TQ, read!!! smile
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Food? - 03/19/07 01:35 AM
tq: jade garden is long gone...
Posted By: Marty Re: Food? - 03/19/07 02:32 AM
JZB got it right
Posted By: waterman, D.D.S. Re: Food? - 03/19/07 07:36 AM
chon saan palace? isn't that the one owned bt that nice lady...what's her name?...uh...oh ya Sherry something...??
Posted By: SP Daily Re: Food? - 03/19/07 02:19 PM
No...Sheri's place- "Pasta La Vista" is downstairs from the chinese restaurant. Close though...
Posted By: Sir Isaac Newton Re: Food? - 03/19/07 05:25 PM
There you go, Chinese upstairs and Italian downstairs. Pasta La Vista has the best lasagne I have ever eaten. Good stuff!
Posted By: ida_y_vuelta Re: Food? - 03/19/07 07:28 PM
Pasta la vista is good food!! cute lil' place too!

Posted By: waterman, D.D.S. Re: Food? - 03/19/07 10:12 PM
cool...thanks for the clarification. Guess I'll have to try the lasagne!
Posted By: Richard Chambers Re: Food? - 03/19/07 11:47 PM
Hard to believe this thread has gone this long and no one has mentioned the most touted Italian restaurant on the Island "Casa Picasa" ! Did i miss the shutdown event or what !?
Posted By: klcman Re: Food? - 03/19/07 11:52 PM
Perhaps because Casa Picasso is famous for it's Tapas style menu, which are Spanish in origin, rather than Italian?

That said - it's AWESOME!!!
Posted By: 2MILESNORTHOFCUT Re: Food? - 03/19/07 11:58 PM
Ditto what KLCMAN says, (How ya been buddy?) We were just there a couple of weeks ago, Just as good as always grin Chris & Jenn great Owners grin grin
Posted By: klcman Re: Food? - 03/20/07 12:06 AM
hey 2M! been good - just really busy and we had that really uglya** storm this weekend, 6 inches snow, then 1" ice, then 5" rain on top.....whatta mess!

CP is ALWAYS good - due to the excellent mgmt, as you so aptly stated smile smile
Posted By: Super Sid Snake Re: Food? - 03/21/07 03:01 AM
Try the upscale gourmet Italian at Fido's South on a Monday Night it is awesome and so reasonable.

Tonight we ate there again Thai this time. About time we had good Thai on the Island again.
Posted By: pnowell Re: Food? - 03/21/07 04:21 AM
Sorry, but we were not impressed by Casa Picassa. Brought Chris his Shiner Bock a couple yrs ago and service was not what we expected. Our meals were late and me being diabetic was served
last!!! JMHO!!!
Posted By: captjeff Re: Food? - 03/21/07 02:18 PM
Super sid upsacale gourmet italian?? how is this possible ,upscale at fido's south ??/while I think the place is nice for a bar/restraurant the word upscale,gourmet does not fit the bill at my last trip down??just my opinion,but will go there again to see if they changed the place. Also rendezvous restaurant[4 miles north ] has very good thai food ..
Posted By: lovey and thurston Re: Food? - 03/21/07 03:30 PM
Capt. Jeff read the post I just put on about Fido's Sandbar new menu . Think they are trying to make some big changes and it was a far cry from the food in the past. Try it when you come down and see what you think. We had a great dinner last night.
Posted By: JZB Re: Food? - 03/21/07 05:04 PM
who is cooking down there now?
Posted By: captjeff Re: Food? - 03/21/07 07:31 PM
Will do I wish them luck .it is tough to make it here..But I know you know whats good or not..Will check it out..
Posted By: travelqueen Re: Food? - 03/21/07 07:35 PM
Capt, maybe thats where we should meet when we're down next. See you then!!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board