AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: tacogirl Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/06/08 10:33 PM

Thought some of you getting ready to fly might enjoy this one. There are a few different but related articles you can get to from this link.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/transportation/4237628.html
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 07:59 PM
Hmmm...gotta read this one. My friend was just here visiting over Xmas...US Airways lost her bag for 12 days and just located it. Make sure you put your name and address INSIDE of your bags!
Posted By: islabonita Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 09:28 PM
That doesn't seem to matter, ABC news did a show about lost and stolen luggage and even luggage thrown away.
There were 5 items all properly labeled that had not been returned among them a wheelchair!
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 09:35 PM
I have underwear that have been to Alaska, and I haven't!! shocked
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 09:43 PM
KC, what WERE you doing out of your underwear? And how did it get to Alaska? Did it at least phone home and tell you what a great time it was having there without you?? laugh
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 09:49 PM
If you must know, Spurs, it continued on to Anchorage in my luggage while I stayed in Seattle. So far as I could discover, it stayed overnight in a nice hotel, had a few cocktails and returned to me the next day. I'm not sure it was being totally honest with me, though . . . . eek
Posted By: BrusselSprout Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 10:03 PM
Well, in this case, the inside labelling would have helped. US Airways said that all the tags came off, so they sent it to some central processing place where they open and inventory and then try to match with your description. Luckily she had some old magazines with her neighbors address on them. US Airways called the neighbor and the bags are on their way back to NJ.
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 10:09 PM
Did you notice any strange lipstick prints??? Perfume?
Posted By: Nova Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 10:35 PM
Skid marks?
Posted By: Otteralum Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 10:37 PM
Nova, that is just plain wrong!
Posted By: Nova Re: Anatomy of Lost Luggage article - 01/09/08 10:37 PM
Hahahaha Otter! crazy
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board