AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 12:39 AM
for smaller monitors, its not that great to keep stretching the page wider.

its handy... however a link in the menu bar //ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/activetopics/7/1.html does the same thing. please vote if you care about the matter!!!

(one comment i received: With a 19'screen, and a post list down one side and chat down the other, my reading room is getting small)

Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 12:44 AM
I'm with the small screen people - I don't like the having to move back and forth - takes a lot longer to read a post.
Posted By: pugwash Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 12:53 AM
I don't mind you letting on Marty....most folks know I'm half blind smile
Posted By: skippy Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 12:53 AM
No sir. It adds nothing, and has drawbacks as mentioned.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:01 AM
Can we make fun of the other half of you? wink
Posted By: klcman Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:06 AM
Now, LA, you know it is neither polite, nor politically correct, to make fun of the disadvantaged wink

PS: Change it back, Marty wink Please?
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:08 AM
Now, klc, YOU know I am neither! laugh wink

(and I am going to get into a lot of trouble for hijacking Marty's post! eek )
Posted By: sweetjane Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:12 AM
i was gonna make the hijack joke. too fast 4 me again, LA!! laugh
Posted By: reaper Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:18 AM
Marty,
Can we have a latest "Dumb" post menu?
Another "Hijacked" post menu?
"Irrational Response" post menu?
"Another Reef Village" post menu?
I like the flags for visitors and how many. It makes the USA Chat so much more relevant(to some doubters!).
File the latest posts column in file thirteen or the round file.
Posted By: ScubaLdy Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:22 AM
I always use the active topic tab. A while back you gave us a choice for posts not already read. I really liked that.
Posted By: klcman Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:24 AM
PSS: I do like the "Where You are From" section as well.

I'm guessing the stat of "Max online" is inaccurate or there were one helluva lotta 'bots & spiders!

Does a PSS qualify as a hijack waiver?
Vote here:
Yes
No
WGAS
Posted By: Danny2 Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:43 AM

I think it was better tho other way. If you change it back could you get rid of Peter's picture pushing the wheel borrow. He's making me tired.

Posted By: seashell Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 01:44 AM
I'm going to take back my vote. I was a bit hasty.

It's not the size of the thing that bothers me, that is as long as I am reading it here on the 19" (it will be a problem at home on the old POS) smile

In any event, I just realized that when I click onto most recent post, if I haven't kept up on the thread, there could be numerous posts ahead and I have no context until I scroll back . . which completely defeats the purpose of having access to most recent post.
On anything less than a very high resolution screen it just takes too much space.
Posted By: shuffles Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 02:07 AM
it does seem to make the space crowded.....
it doesn't work to well on smaller notebooks, or net books. if it must stay, I hope we have an option to turn it off in profiles like other options.
Posted By: azbob Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 02:29 AM
It is taking an adjustment, but I think I like it, as long as you are keeping up, but as Harriette said you do have to scan back. I do like the "Where are you from" -interesting. Old dog learning new tricks, but that's normal for me.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 02:32 AM
I can't make it work at all on my cell.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 02:40 AM
I really like the "Where Are You From"...the rest...not as much.
Posted By: Short Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 02:55 AM
No.
Get rid of the "Latest Posts" selection, and move the rest to the right.
Like the new "Forum Stats" and "Where You Are From" islands!
Posted By: suecate Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 02:58 AM
I have to give it a no vote also to distracting. Its great to see people being creative!
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 03:05 AM
I was already confused and now I am confused about the level of my confusion.
Posted By: cheshire54 Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 03:18 AM
I must agree with those who like the "where you are from" section...but DON'T want the "recent posts"! It makes it too chaotic to focus well on (laptop)...liked the "active topics" button better!!
Posted By: Rykat Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 03:46 AM
kill it, it reeks of liberal bias! wink
Posted By: Marty Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 04:41 AM
laugh. i'll kill it tomorrow.....
Posted By: seashell Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 06:26 AM
It must be tomorrow . . . I've popped in to read the board before bed and there it was . . .gone.
Posted By: seashell Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 06:26 AM
Only 78 Canadians??? Geez . . .

frown
The Flag thingy IS a cool idea.
Posted By: Marty Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 06:27 PM
the flag thing will change a lot over time. i just started it yesterday.....
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 06:56 PM
OK, but what happened to the "who's Online" section? How am I going to stalk pug without that part? cry
Posted By: Mikeywaz Re: Do you like the recent posts showing? - 10/15/08 07:11 PM
I love the Where You Are From section!
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board