AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: skippy Good News! PETA and the Sea-Kittens Campaign - 01/09/09 11:04 PM
The PETA Sea-Kittens Campaign says...

People don't seem to like fish. They're slithery and slimy, and they have eyes on either side of their pointy little heads-which is weird, to say the least. Plus, the small ones nibble at your feet when you're swimming, and the big ones-well, the big ones will bite your face off if Jaws is anything to go by.

Of course, if you look at it another way, what all this really means is that fish need to fire their PR guy-stat. Whoever was in charge of creating a positive image for fish needs to go right back to working on the Britney Spears account and leave our scaly little friends alone. You've done enough damage, buddy. We've got it from here. And we're going to start by retiring the old name for good. When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover. And who could possibly want to put a hook through a sea kitten?

There's some good eatin on one o' them!

They even worked in a President George W. Bush slam so rabid2dog will love it.
WTCBF????
That's right, Winking Tabbies Catch Brown Fairies. Well said.

And now, for your reading pleasure,...

PeTA's Top Ten Rejected New Names for Fish!

10. "Marine gerbils"

9. "Fish of Color"

8. "Aquatic Chipmunks"

7. "Honorary Maritime Palestinians"

6. "Ocean-Based Independent Book and Record Store Owners, Who Desperately Need Our Help to Stay Viable Given the Predatory Corporate Media Distribution Regime and Also, Given Large Predatory Commercial Fishing Nets"

5. "Undocumented Dolphins"

4. "Aquabunnies"

3. "Ichthysexuals"

2. "Sea Vaginas"

and the Number One Rejected New PeTA Name for Fish...

1. Plucky Little "Obamanauts"

Peter's gotta love #7.
Follow the MONEY.
See if you can find PETA's tax statement on line.
They have a ridiculous looking mascot called "Gill, the Fish'

He did not do well standing on a street corner in Montana in the middle of hunting season with his placard!

I wish PETAS spokesbabe wasn't so cute though: sometimes I find myself listening just in case she purrs "O Pug, you are the one I've been waiting for", but luckily have always managed to free myself from her evil spell smile
Skippy- seek psychiatric help immediately smile

[Linked Image]

Heeeeeere... KITTY KITTY...
Nice Kitty, Nice Kitty!

What do you call a Great White??????????????

A Great White what ?
No Ernie, not me laying on the beach! Ugly!
dat be a GW Shark! I'm sure no one will call that little guy a "Sea Kitten"!
Alright, this is more like it. I thought this thread was quality stuff, really worked on that top ten list too. And it's a real PETA campaign. But rabid2dog had to kill the thread again, his only talent here. Thanks to Lucy for resurrecting it!
Sea-Kittens???? You're kidding, right?
This has to be a shameless plug for PETA, whoever the heck they are. What was the purpose of this? Calling a fish a sea-kitten just isn't even funny. Especially in a place that enjoys so many fish on the reef AND on the table!

Give up FISH? NEVER!!
LOL

P.S. Skippy, are you asking for donations?
Skippy- Real creative stuff.....
http://ace.new.mu.nu/peta_lets_call_fish_sea_kittens_so_that_people_wont_want_to_eat_them

These guys must have sniffed out your post wink
How about sea-orphans? That makes me sad enough to cut-back on the seafood...a little.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board