AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Peter Jones "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/07/09 01:06 PM
... "no-one said there would be fish in the sea"

... "the beach was too sandy"

... "there are too many Spanish people.....too many foreigners"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/p...aints-made-by-holidaymakers.html?image=6
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/07/09 01:11 PM
those are great! nice to know America isn't the exclusive home to idiot tourists.
Posted By: azbob Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/07/09 02:57 PM
The "ugly" has shifted from American to England!
Posted By: jhill123 Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/07/09 03:00 PM
I think idiot tourists are universal. No country has cornered the market on stupid from what I can tell in my travels. The coolest tourists I've met so far are the Aussies.
"Why can't I anchor my Yacht on the reef wall? It holds well there"
I think that some of those comments came from a couple that was on a snorkeling excursion with us this past February. Isle, Gailtor, or Jammer what was the good Doctor's name again?

Posted By: Islenutt Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/08/09 12:19 AM
I was thinking the same thing carbunkle! It was Fred!
Wonder if his "bride" ever figured out how to work the camera?
Posted By: gailtor Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/08/09 12:36 AM
LOL yes it was Fred as in Flintstone/
My guess is the "bride" has NOT figured out how to work the camera.
cool
Posted By: JeanH Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/08/09 02:51 PM
Someone on a Mexico forum who was staying in Playa del Carmen was complaining that the ATM gave out cash in pesos...
I like the complaints from folks who go to Costa Rica to see the rain-forest and complain that it rained a lot.

Or ...... to quote with a smile the great Yogi Bera's comment about a favorite eatery -

"This place is always crowded - that's why nobody ever comes here anymore."

Posted By: shuffles Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 05:10 PM
My favorite was a guy who came for a week but stayed only one night. There was too much sand. "Where does all this sand come from?" "I didn't know there would be so much sand everywhere"

'nuf said
Posted By: Bobber Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 07:17 PM
My alltime favorite was in Grand Cayman a few years back. A middle aged guy off a cruise ship (complete with shorts, black socks, brown shoes, straw hat and white stuff on his nose. Wife in an oversize muumuu) stopped a local on the stree downtown (right next to me) and asked him "Where's this beach everyone talks about?" The local looks at him and replies "starts about a mile up." The tourist response was, "Hell, boy. Why didn't you put it closer to town so we could see it." HE he he. Wouldn't have believed it if I wasn't right there. laugh
Posted By: SP Daily Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 07:41 PM
Answer: "God put it out there to keep the undesirables off of it."
Posted By: elbert Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 09:07 PM
The word is 'Vacation'....as in vacated!
Successfully vacated peoples brains have been left at home.
Posted By: Barnacle Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 10:02 PM
someone once asked me,, as they were pointing west,
"what time of year does the sun come up over there?"
Posted By: Nancy1340 Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 10:29 PM
I worked as a bartender in the hotel in Central City Colorado next to the opera house. There is a famous painting of a lady on the floor.

It has a large brass rail around it. The room is only about 20' wide. Can you see where this is going as far as stupid questions from tourists?

Posted By: Peter Jones Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 10:42 PM
I once heard someone remark that it was lucky that Stonehenge had been built so close to a road - made it easier to get to.
Posted By: champion Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/09/09 10:43 PM
It does!
Posted By: klcman Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 12:07 AM
Or what about the new bride who said to her new hubby, while on their honeymoon: "Is that the same moon we see back in Brooklyn?"
Posted By: Nova Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 01:04 AM
Loved Stonehenge, Peter..you still didn't answer my question... LOL
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 02:10 AM
On a bus from Madrid headed for the Alcazar de' Segovia, the young Spanish guide was explaining, in English, details of the tour. Two women with very thick New York accents and their husbands were seated in the row behind us. The guide had a microphone but it was still hard to hear him as the women talked loudly the entire ride. As we neared the castle the guide explained we would stop at the bottom of the hill for a 10-minute restroom break then the bus would drive us up the hill to the castle. Some 15 minutes later the women were nowhere to be found and the guide said the bus had to go. Throughout the 2-hour tour the husbands apprehensively speculated about just how much hell they were gonna catch from the wives. Walking back to the bus at about the halfway point everyone could hear the women screeching at their husbands, who wore expressions that were a weird combination of embarassment and sheer terror. After sufficiently chewing out the husbands the women started in on the poor guide. They blamed him entirely for missing the tour. When he explained he had announced -twice- that the break was only for 10 minutes, they asked him how they were supposed to understand anything he said with that thick Spanish accent. They must have asked him at least six times why he couldn't "speak English with an English accent."

In all the vacations we've taken, this is the only time we've ever encountered any kind of rudeness - well, not counting of course. wink
Posted By: elbert Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 02:50 AM
Are we going to see tropical fish?
Posted By: Otteralum Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 03:18 AM
"I only travel to islands -- it's my thing -- and Costa Rica is my favorite."
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 03:20 AM
Well, it's kind of an island, if you count North, South and Central America as one big island.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 04:04 AM
What time does the Hawaii volcano go off?
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 02:31 PM
"Where are the undiscovered ruins?"
Posted By: elbert Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 02:43 PM
What time does the 2:o'clock boat leave?
A Japanese tourist in Wash. DC once asked me how often do you have a general erection? smile
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 02:51 PM
what'd you tell her? laugh
There was only one possible answer. I told her that I rove my job. wink
Posted By: pugwash Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 04:34 PM
At "Old Faithful" in Yellowstone...can you ask them to hold it a minute...Grandma's in the bathroom laugh
Posted By: Phil Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 05:03 PM
"Do you have an extra blanket as it's too cold with the a/c on"
Posted By: kathyw Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 05:23 PM
My favorite is,
Does the water go all around the island?
Posted By: elbert Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 06:55 PM
Why do they park all the sailboats pointed in the same direction?
Why do they call it tourist season when we can't shoot them?
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 08:13 PM
Hey, what's not to love? laugh
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/10/09 08:56 PM
What? you are out of regular coffee? Just give me a double dose of decaf.
This one is for KLC - "We went to Germany and were dissapointed that they did not have any Budweiser."
Posted By: skippy Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/14/09 03:38 PM
The wallet inspector forgot to give my wallet back.
Posted By: Canam Re: "Ridiculous" complaints by tourists - 04/17/09 10:29 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/04/17/ugly.american.perception/index.html?iref=t2test_travelfri
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board