AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: divingcowgirl How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 01:03 AM
1) Look the watermelon over: You are looking for a firm, symmetrical melon that is free from bruises, cuts or dents.
2) Lift it up: The melon should be heavy for its size. Melons are 92 percent water.
3) Tun it over: The underside of the melon should have a creamy yellow spot from where it sat on the ground and ripened in the sun....
laugh shocked blush
Posted By: SP Daily Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 01:20 AM
Thump on it..should sound hollow
Posted By: Texican Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 02:19 AM
OK. Now, does this work for all watermelons? Striped, speckled, ice-box and "personal" melons? What about the square Japanese watermelon? and don't you have to check the stem end in case it was picked too soon? Do the same criteria apply to yellow-meat and seedless?
Posted By: divingcowgirl Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 02:26 AM
laugh Texican, it was more on the "personal" picking I was refering too! laugh laugh
Posted By: azbob Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 03:11 AM
Spurs, I agree with jessie: " thump on it", but it has to thump back before is is tastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! laugh
Posted By: KC Jayhawk Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 04:17 AM
Best to take it out to dinner and a movie (with a few cocktails thrown in) before you start in on the thumping!!
Posted By: carbunkletrumpet Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 06:56 PM
I...am....so......fighting......the........urge.......to....make....a.....sexist
......comment.........but.....I.....fear........the....wrath.....of......momma
Posted By: carbunkletrumpet Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 06:57 PM
Screw it - It helps if her parents own a liquor store and she is a nymphomaniac who likes to smoke dope too!
Posted By: elbert Re: How to Choose a Watermelon - 07/02/09 07:45 PM
wohaa! carbunkletrumpet, yo name just dropped wayyy down the dance card.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board