AmbergrisCaye.com Home
- kids vitamins (small bottles best, generic ok - the cheaper the better, less fillers)
- small hotel-type mini containers of shampoo, conditioner, soap, tissue packs, travel size toothbrush & toothpaste
- crayons (smallest box best)
- coloring books
All very needed, vitamins most of all.

You can drop these off at Fido's (tell them it's for Nancy's women & kids project).

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!
What is your "women & kids project" Nancy? Sounds interesting.
The project is new, it's called Flow River Flow - we're feeding kids and strengthening women in Belize. Pilot program is in Orangewalk (Carmelita school). We're providing a daily snack to all the schoolkids - a high nutrition/high fiber/no fat/no sugar 'nutrikake'; a portion of fruit; cup of juice. Full tummies = kids that can focus and learn!

We're growing it slowly but surely, bringing it to San Pedro. Would love to have any and all toiletries / supplies you can carry! Many women and kids in Belize don't have even the basics (women in the hospital with no money get nothing, not even toilet paper) and the high rate of childhood undernurishment, resulting stunted growth, anemia, etc. is more than alarming.

If you'd like, I can send you our Statement of Objectives from the NGO (not-for-profit) Articles of Association we've formed if you'd like more info. Many many things we'd like to accomplish, starting small and growing it as quickly as possible. Like dropping a pebble in a river and watching the ripples grow and grow until they safely reach the shore. We're starting with the pebble!
Sounds good. I will see what I can fit in my bags and drop stuff at Fido's early August.
I can bring a ridiculous supply of hotel amenities with me next trip down. I'll leave them at Fido's.
Thank you all! Had a great suggestion re: small bottles of vitamins. Original thought was cover as many kids / families as possible. Poster suggested would be cheaper to get huge bottles (Sam's, Costco, etc) and give them out one per child each day with daily snack. Great idea! So bring on the big bottles!

And also bring all the shampoo, soap, tissue packs, toothbrush, toothpaste you can, MUCHO appreciated! We'll bag them up and get them out to as many as we can (dollar store small zip top bags needed too!)

You guys are the best - one free rum punch for each drop-off, put it on my tab!!!

Hearts, hands, chutzpah, that's all we need, right? =)
See if you can get Rubba Dub soap company in Cayo to donate some of its soap bars to your cause. Great soap. And they make tiny "sample" bars too.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board