AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: skippy New Israeli vaccine could save world's bees - 07/22/09 01:47 AM
An Israeli company has developed a revolutionary new drug that could solve the problem of Colony Collapse Disorder, the disturbing syndrome that has been wiping out bee communities and threatening agricultural production all over the world.

The drug, Remembee, which was developed by Beeologics, has completed successful clinical trials on millions of bees in North America. Not only has it proved effective in maintaining bee health, but it also improved the longevity of bees and increased the honey in the hives.

Based on Nobel prize-winning RNAI technology, Remembee helps the bees overcome IAVP virus, also discovered in Israel, which has been associated with colony collapse in scientific literature. "It's really a tug of war between the virus and the host. We are helping the bee tug the rope more strongly and beat the virus. We take
advantage of an immune system that the bees elicit for viral disease. But we are really using naturally occurring phenomenon. It's not a
pesticide and it's not toxic," says Nitzan Paldi, CTO of Beeologics.

The US Department of Agriculture has been accompanying Beeologics with its FDA certification process due to the urgency of the need for the drug.

bee readin this, mon
...as if the bees need this crap on top of the GMO hybrid seeds pervading the earth.
Think it's a conspiracy?
I think it's stupid and a waste of the bees' time.
...and the bees authorized you to speak for them, and how they choose to use their time??
ROFL! that's an interesting conclusion jane, but not altogether unexpected. i responded to skippy's inquiry to me by stating my opinion about the matter. i'll leave you to further advocate on behalf of the worlds' bees, perhaps they disagree with my take on things. i trust you will let us know LOL
The destruction of the world's bee population is a very serious matter for agriculture and the environment. Let's hope that this vaccine is all that it's cracked up to be.

Mind you, how do you get a hyperdermic into something so small? grin
Originally Posted by iluvbelize
I think it's stupid and a waste of the bees' time.

What it is, is another stunning technological breakthrough by Israeli scientists, a gift to the world. Meanwhile the scientific advancements by the sworn enemies of their existence are nil, still, to this day. What a world.
So we disagree.
just playing devil's advocate here, (my favorite past-time), and changing subjects completely, i believe they did give us Arabic numerals, mathematics & the abacus.
...as if the bees need this crap on top of the GMO hybrid seeds pervading the earth.

I agree. The guys that create the problem run around saying we have the solution - everyone bites the 'save us pill'.

Kinda like the economic policy of fiat capital. Kinda like H1N1. no, I cant see a trends.
Originally Posted by skippy

What it is, is another stunning technological breakthrough by Israeli scientists, a gift to the world. Meanwhile the scientific advancements by the sworn enemies of their existence are nil, still, to this day. What a world.

I have a poor sense of the humor. that was a joke right? Thats kinda like thanking Bayer for their contribution to AIDS research.
So we disagree.

Can we get this straight - do you think there isn't a disease that's wiping out bees, that there is but it doesn't matter, or that this vaccine is actually a con trick? Or something else?
i do agree that the bee populations are declining and suffering due to many circumstances. i do not think that monkey-ing around with vaccines for bees is a good idea. as i clearly stated above, i suspect that the plants grown from GMO (genetically modified organism) seeds have strained the bees' natural pollination methods and have quite possibly injured their natural biochemistry. this damage occurs not only to the bees, but many other living creatures, including humans who eat that GMO crap (and its very difficult to avoid it!).
LOL jane that was definitely off subject! so now you are the devil's advocate and the bees' advocate smile

I'm a bit confused though. surely you did not intend to infer that either the bees or the Israeli company who is drumming up this bee vaccine fiasco 'gave us' arabic numerals, math and the abacus? Maybe i'm wrong but from what i can recall from 5th grade history class, the ancient Greeks invented the abacus, math was first used in Mesopotamia (Babylon), Greece and Egypt, and arabic numerals were first devised by the Persians.
Maybe i'm wrong but from what i can recall from 5th grade history class, the ancient Greeks invented the abacus, math was first used in Mesopotamia (Babylon), Greece and Egypt, and arabic numerals were first devised by the Persians.

I would hope you learned something after spending 4 years in 5th grade. smile
sounds like you're still in the 5th grade. be careful on the playground - no doubt you are a popular target wink
LOL jane that was definitely off subject! so now you are the devil's advocate and the bees' advocate smile

I'm a bit confused though. surely you did not intend to infer that either the bees or the Israeli company who is drumming up this bee vaccine fiasco 'gave us' arabic numerals, math and the abacus? Maybe i'm wrong but from what i can recall from 5th grade history class, the ancient Greeks invented the abacus, math was first used in Mesopotamia (Babylon), Greece and Egypt, and arabic numerals were first devised by the Persians.

She was trying to defend against my assertion that Israelis (all 7 million of them) have made many truly great scientific discoveries in a few decades while those of the Islam/kill the Jews persuasion (billions of them) have contributed nothing but death and suffering but they sure treat women well, don't they?

Trouble is, she was wrong. Even if she had been right, things done centuries ago don't count. They weren't yet barbarians then, but have become so lately.
Geez skippy - What the ??? I'm sure jane can speak for herself, so don't insult her and i by dumping your hate for arabs on the table here. So you're in love with the Israelis, whatever. I don't agree with your assertion that "Israelis (all 7 million of them) have made many truly great scientific discoveries..." That's just nonsense. I have no idea what you're talking about in your second sentence, and I don't have a burning desire to know at this point. Your vitriol toward "those of the Islam/kill the Jews persuasion" is crushing. I prefer to not judge members of nations or religions against another, but rather to deal with each person on his/her individual merits, or lack thereof. Otherwise, you're getting into a wretched mess of falling prey to the old divide and conquer strategy.
Ya know every time someone "fixes" one thing it screws up something else. Every time they eliminate one thing it opens up a great big door for something else to come in. Every RX you take has repercussions. Why would this be any different?

Nature has had a pretty good system going for a while.

Try Googling Cudzue and African Bees and see what problems those two things have caused the US.

© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board