AmbergrisCaye.com Home
June 16, 2006. I was scouring the internet for information on Belize, when I ran across a seemingly innocent web page by the name of Ambergriscaye.com. I looked through the various links that were there then happened to click on the message board link���� Who would have ever known the possibilities that lay ahead? Well, I don't know about anyone else, but that day, three and a half years ago, a transformation was about to take place that I would have never guessed could happen in MY lifetime. I will spare the boring details. (And after 9 trips down there, there have not been MANY boring details.. but I digress)
I am truly amazed at the friendships I have formed with various people from around the globe. And when I chose to return to school, I was even more surprised at the outpouring of support and guidance from my friends and allies. I would like to thank each and every one of you who helped me with questions, offered encouragement or just listened to me whine�
After much hair-pulling (of my own, not on the board, although it came close a time or two) late nights driving to and from school, late nights studying and just plain old south Texas stubbornness, I am MORE than happy to announce�����
I DID IT!!! I will take my last class on February 18th. I walk the stage on February 13th in San Antonio, Texas with Suma cum Laude. For someone who first thought this was not possible (me) I somehow found the strength and support to get it done. Yes, there were a few who were extremely helpful in this endeavor,( which they will have a surprise waiting for them when I see them in February) but I just wanted to extend a "thank you" to all who wished me luck or even said a prayer for me.
What I have found with the ACMB is a wealth of friendship, comrade, knowledge, help and love that even the most stone hearted will admit to. (although they will have to be held underwater, hit with a nine iron or denied Belikin for the rest of their natural born days) While we may act like everyone's dysfunctional family on our best days and enemies on our worst, we still share a love for an island off the coast of Belize called Ambergris Caye.

Posted By: RMT Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 01:37 PM
Congratulations to you DCG!!!
You must be so thrilled with your accomplishments. Best of luck and I am sure this trip in February will be extra sweet for you. Continued good luck...Rhonda
Start preparing your liver now -- that's all I have to say. smile
Dedication, determination and desire (the "3 D's) are at it again! I remember those days long ago - the worst part for me was not being able to travel because of classes, studying, repeat for 8 years. So worth it....

Congrats on your accomplishment and have fun in February!
Congrats girl! What an accomplishment!! Fantastic.
Posted By: azbob Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 03:00 PM
Lydia, what a great accomplishment. You deserve it for all your hard work. Here is a big:
WOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

DAMN, NOW I OWE YOU MORE BEER!

You better jump the first day you are there, because after that someone will have to pour you out of the plane!!!!!
Posted By: Bobber Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 03:32 PM
And another congratulations to you. Someday, somewhere, we WILL share a beer or two. Or maybe, after you land a great job, a martini might be more to your tastes. laugh

Set your sights high, and don't be afraid. Life takes you in strange directions, but every little nudge you give it in the right direction can have wondrous effects.
CONGRATS ,TO YOU ...LOTS OF PEOPLE TALK THE THE ,TALK ,BUT FEW GET TO WALK THE WALK ..I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU..
XOXOXOXO HAVE A LIVING THE DREAM WALK...LOVE YAAAAAA.
Congratulations!!! See you in Feb. smile
Posted By: ckocian Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 06:38 PM
DCG, I conversed with you via message board about your first trip. I live in San Antonio. And I was a late bloomer as well in terms of an undergrad degree. I know how good it feels to have that tucked under your belt. Many congrats and enjoy!
Posted By: Marty Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 08:08 PM
super duper DCG, very cool . Congratulations!!!!!!!
Posted By: reaper Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 09:40 PM
We don't have to call you 'Doctor Spurs" or anything like that now do we?????

Great job!!!!
Posted By: pugwash Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by LaurieMar
Dedication, determination and desire (the "3 D's)

So for Spurs, thats 5 Ds in all then?

Good job!!
"denied Belikin for the rest of their natural born days"
That would constitute " Cruel and Unusual Punishment"
and the Supreme Court has ruled that Illegal.

Congratulation FAIR MAIDEN.. We all knew you could do it. Beers all around smile
Posted By: NYgal Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/17/09 11:54 PM
smile
Posted By: SimonB Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/18/09 12:04 AM
Many congrats!
Originally Posted by Otteralum
Start preparing your liver now -- that's all I have to say. smile

Hell with the liver I am sending Sir Barry an email saying he better add a third shift at the brewery and up production!

Way to go Spurs, you have had a heck of an uphill battle and I am glad to see you reach the top! We are proud of you!

The Trumpets!
Well done DCG! Cheers!
How very sweet to even think of thanking message boarders for helping you attain a goal that you accomplished all on your own kiddo! They don't teach that in school baby...you're the best. Congrats!
here i am, late to the party AGAIN.

remember when you were first on the board, the office we were gonna open - KC's law firm with us as his two "able-bodied" assistants? laugh LOL

little did we all know then the depth of the friendships that were forming....

lyd, i think you know how Bruce & i feel about both your accomplishment, and about you.

you should be suuuuuuper proud, girlie.
Posted By: Chloe Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/18/09 09:28 PM
Spur Spurs our super wonderful gal. You have the power!

Shatter those glass ceilings. Love you.
"Suma cum Laude" , Very impressed and happy to read this about you.

Congrats DCG, You should be very proud of yourself.

Best of luck with your future plans.
Posted By: Nova Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/19/09 12:20 AM
Told ya you could do it, sweetie!!! From the moment we met you at that hotel in Houston while on our way to SP (Hubby shakin in his boots, praying that the "chick" I "met" on ACMB wasn't some big 6'7" ex-con bubba-guy named Sue)to the minute you sent the "I did it" text, we knew you had it in you - and you proved us right! See you in Feb, sistah. You truly rock! xo
Thanks everyone! One thing that I have found to be true in life is that support comes in various forms. Not so much in the monetary sense, but more of a feeling of belief. From corny jokes that someone tells you over the phone to make you laugh, an email or text that brightens your day or a hug from a friend that is there with you, those are ways of keeping the hope alive. But it is the unspoken and unwritten feelings that are conveyed that are the most noticed. It is the "knowing" that people believe in you that will give you belief and strength in yourself. As I told a very good friend when he made the mention that I had gone through more trials and still remained stronger than anyone he had known. I told him I was only as strong as my support system. So���.
Near or far, it matters not
The friendship will stand strong
For the distance will soon be naught
When together we hug long.
And hold drinks high
On a distant shore
Of a place we've come to love
We'll reminisce of the first time here
And hold no place above.

Otter: I have a second one in the wings!!
Reaper: No, you don't have to call me Dr. ���.. YET!
Pug: LOL! Well, mebbe!
Bill: I would never keep you from the Belikin!
Ruth: It's true, support systems are lifelines! And so are prayers!
Jane: I'm STILL waiting on that office to open up!!!
Chloe: I love you too my friend, hope my "angel" is still watching over you.
Nova: What can I say??? I still laugh about the part where the front desk had to call us TWICE to be quiet and not laugh so much!! Fuddy duddies!
Rhonda, LM, SS, Bob, Bobber, Captn. Jeff, Isle, Ckocican, Marty, NYGal, Simon, CBT!!, Iluve and 2miles���.. thank you all for the congrats!
NOW�������.. PARTY IN SP!!! FEB 20th !!!
Posted By: Chloe Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/19/09 02:23 AM
Angels are still flying in my window, working their magic.
Posted By: RMT Re: A heartfelt thank you to all you ACMBers - 12/19/09 04:57 AM
So lovely!
Congrats again DCG, you worked hard.
I never a doubt that you can do what you started out to DCG and have benefited personally from watching your process and determination.
Congrats on the High Honors..we will look for you in February
A very well-deserved CONGRATULATIONS Spurs! I'm sorry I'll miss you and the rest by about 10 days in SP but I think my liver is thankful! Great job and have a great time in Feb! (Like I have to tell you that.)
Spurs,

I too decided to start college later in life and remember that I was scared sheetless at the very beginning. You have accomplished something that no one can ever take away from you. You deserve it gial....remind me to make you a coconut rum cake when you get here!!
Buzz, so sorry that I will miss you this time around, but congrats on the wedding!! I wish you both a long life of happiness and joy!

I WILL take you up on that cake shuff!! smile
Way to go girl! You sure are right about the great people you can meet because of this message board - we still laugh - you were the first person we met from the board sight unseen at a hotel in Houston on our way to san pedro - I kept on saying how do we know you were not really a 6 ft guy named Sue? In any case, we took the chance and thanks for showing up with a smile and a bunch of beer!
DCG [Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Ya done it girl.
Wait you mean the real DCG is a 6 foot guy named Sue? We have been fooled again.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board