AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Peter Jones New Apple iPad - 01/27/10 07:51 PM
Anyone seen this?
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/live-blogging-the-apple-product-announcement/?emc=na

It may be innovative but it's as big as a small laptop, and although it's thin it'll need some form of frontal protection so that advantage will be partly lost too. And who wants to have to hold something like this to their ear to use the phone, or even just to have what they're doing interrupted by a phone call?

I wonder if it'll fly.
Posted By: Ernie B Re: New Apple iPad - 01/27/10 07:57 PM
Investors are not impressed as the stock is down after the formal intro
Posted By: ScottPH Re: New Apple iPad - 01/27/10 10:02 PM
Once the base price was announced at $499, however, the stock started to skyrocket. I'm on the fence on this one, it could flop, but it could revolutionize the way people view media (ok, maybe that's a little exaggerated).
Posted By: WildThing Re: New Apple iPad - 01/31/10 04:58 PM
It seems to have been designed with recreation in mind rather than business! I am an Apple advocate but have to say I have not been 'moved' by the ipad.

I did, however, like the satirical media response asking when Apple were launching the itampon to accompany the ipad!!!!??
Posted By: tacogirl Re: New Apple iPad - 02/02/10 02:25 PM
I think it looks cool but I am not an apple girl so that would cut me out right from the get go.

I do use a mini lap top so the look of it was appealing to me - would have to do a test drive for something like that first to see how it feels.

I was hesitant before my min arrived but soon as I tried it I feel in love instantly and never looked back at my old dinosaur.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board