AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Amanda Syme N U T S - 06/10/10 07:30 PM
Big ones, small ones, fat ones, thin ones, brown ones, white ones, green and black ones, tasty ones, yucky ones, clean ones and dirty ones. All I know is that nuts make me sick so I prefer not to include them in my daily life. But they are EVERYWHERE!

Posted By: Ernie B Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 07:34 PM
What have I done now ?
Posted By: papashine Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 07:41 PM
grin
Posted By: bywarren Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 07:46 PM
Ernie, I think you are one of the big white ones. Not sure if you qualify as any of the others. smile
Posted By: azbob Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 07:48 PM
Amanda, just send them my way, except for the "yucky" ones and I will do all I can to remove them! smile
Posted By: Ernie B Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 07:53 PM
by, I have a catchy come back, but Amanda would nuke me again smile
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 08:04 PM
Oh Ernie! You are making me blush.
Posted By: bobcat bill Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 08:18 PM
I am the only sane one around here
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 08:23 PM
Amanda - a serious question. Is your allergy only to peanuts or to all nuts in general? If the former, what do peanuts uniquely have in them?
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 09:10 PM
I am starting to get hives just thinking about all of the human nuts that I know!
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 09:10 PM
peanuts and tree nuts. I don't know whats in the them that makes me sick.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 09:51 PM
Hey not all nuts are bad!!
Posted By: Inplub Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 10:00 PM
No but some can kill you.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/10/10 10:38 PM
Well I'll carry my epi pen and hope that it works.
Posted By: PalapaBob Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 12:46 AM
Well if you're allergic to nuts you are certainly living on the wrong island! And if there isn't enough nuts on the island at any one time Tropic and Maya are willing to fly them in all day long grin
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 01:16 AM
I'm a nut. smile
Posted By: SP Daily Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 01:31 AM
Poisonous?
Posted By: LaurieMar Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 01:45 AM
Absolutely harmless and fun-loving.....sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
Posted By: Rykat Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 03:45 AM
did someone say NUTS?
Posted By: lil'red Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 02:33 PM
Amanda, I do not mean to hi-jack your thread but I have been looking for a Twin-Ject Epi Pen for 3 years and cannot find them here. I carry a pair of syringes and ampules if I get stung by a bee. It is not even Epinepherine, it is a close cousin. Where can I get an Epi-Pen here?
Posted By: Danny2 Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 03:45 PM
What is the file that comes up when you hit the "ctrl" key and at the same time the "u" key? It looks like some computer code. It works on any page. Just asking. Or is it nuts?
Posted By: swanno Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 03:50 PM
Danny
When you hit "Cnrl and U" you get the scource page for that particular internet page you are looking at.
Basically it is the computer code and details contained within that particular page

I will leave the detailed explanation to those computer experts on the board
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by lil'red
Amanda, I do not mean to hi-jack your thread but I have been looking for a Twin-Ject Epi Pen for 3 years and cannot find them here. I carry a pair of syringes and ampules if I get stung by a bee. It is not even Epinepherine, it is a close cousin. Where can I get an Epi-Pen here?

A friend of mine brought mine in from the US. You need a prescription to purchase them in the US. There are a few doctors on this board that might be able to assist you in acquiring the epi pen. Expect to pay around $150 US.
Posted By: lil'red Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 04:07 PM
That's the conclusion I came to as well. I got on it too late for my friend to bring me one next week. Thanks Amanda.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: N U T S - 06/11/10 10:26 PM
[/quote]
You need a prescription to purchase them in the US. [/quote]

You sure? I could be wrong but I thought when my doctor broke my heart by telling me that I was now allergic to shellfish.........that I could pick up that epi pen at CVS pharmacy, no prescription. Anyone else know?
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/12/10 06:41 AM
I am not entirely sure but I know I got a prescription.
Posted By: lil'red Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 04:11 AM
In California you need a script, not sure about other States. My friend is coming this Thursday and he tried to get me one from his buddy who is a pharmasist and could not. When I read that Amanda carries one, I was really hoping to get an Epi here.
Posted By: travelqueen Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 05:02 AM
Huh... I guess the doctor must have written me a prescription and I didn't pay attention. I'll see if I can find it and I'll let you know.
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 05:17 AM
Is it simply that they have to be controlled, or do the contents of the pen vary for different people? I know people in England who use them, but I know nothing about them. I hadn't realised they were so expensive though.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 02:48 PM
Epinephrine is a controlled drug. I think it is a chemical form of adrenaline. I'll look it up and post when I get a chance.

The pen allows a person to deliver a dose of epinephrine immediately. One must immediately seek medical care thereafter since the dose may not be sufficient to stop and reverse the effects of the allergic reaction (anaphalaxis (sp?) shock.)

The epi pens are probably not as expensive in England.

Posted By: pugwash Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 04:06 PM
I asked my Doctor if I was allergic to nuts as I didn't like the smell or the taste of them........

It turns out I'm just Homophobic smile
Posted By: elbert Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 04:14 PM
Ohhhhh Bad
Posted By: SP Daily Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by pugwash
I asked my Doctor if I was allergic to nuts as I didn't like the smell or the taste of them........

It turns out I'm just Homophobic smile

But aren't you a teabagger?
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 04:48 PM
oh you men!
Posted By: travelqueen Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 04:51 PM
so bad!
Posted By: JZB Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 07:12 PM
We were given 3 epi-pens by our dr in Texas when we moved here. I can't imagine they would have been that expensive??! I'll have to go back and thank her one day. Unfortunately or fortunately, we never had to use them and tossed them out.
Posted By: elbert Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 07:14 PM
?
I wonder if that would have helped Philip Morris?
http://www.theimproper.com/film/?p=785
Posted By: bywarren Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 09:32 PM
The U.S. Department of Transportation is asking for public comment on a possible ban on serving peanuts on commercial flights.

The Associated Press reports concerns from travelers with allergies have led federal authorities to ask whether there should be peanut-free zones on planes or a ban on peanuts altogether.

Some 1.8 million Americans have peanut allergies, and they can be life-threatening.

The DOT is looking for feedback from allergy sufferers, medical experts, the food industry and others concerned with peanut restrictions.

According to AP, the peanut proposals were listed in the recent 84-page document of DOT's proposed new consumer air traveler protections.

In addition to an all-out ban and a special peanut-free zone, a third option is prohibiting peanuts only when a passenger with an allergy requests it in advance. The Transportation Department is also seeking comment on how peanuts should be handled when brought on by the public rather than distributed as a snack by an airline.

But a DOT spokesman tells AP just because they are asking, doesn't mean any of the bans will actually go into effect.

Posted By: Peter Jones Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 09:34 PM
Is this serious? I can understand people not wanting hidden peanuts in cooked food, but what's wrong with packets of peanuts? People can see what they are and don't have to open and eat them.
Posted By: JZB Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 10:15 PM
jeez, I can't remember the last time I was served a packet of ANYTHING on an American Airlines flight! They switched to pretzels long ago but now you don't even get those. Unless you sit in first class, of course. There's lots of nuts in first class! grin
Posted By: elbert Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 11:16 PM
I like the idea of a Nut Free Zone.
eunuchs are people to.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 11:23 PM
Yer kinda defensive Elbert
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 11:33 PM
Goodness, the subject is taking on a life of its own.
Posted By: SP Daily Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 11:37 PM
Always fun to jab at Elbert...he's such a big target!
Posted By: elbert Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 11:40 PM
and is entertained by humorous bantering.
read the thread from the beginning ..slowly.
Posted By: iluvbelize Re: N U T S - 06/14/10 11:43 PM
A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel in his trousers. The parrot who was tending bar asked 'mate what's with the ship's wheel in your trousers?' the pirate answers "Aaargh! It's driving me nuts!"
Posted By: elbert Re: N U T S - 06/15/10 12:01 AM
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing only a pair of underwear made
of Saran Wrap.

The psychiatrist says, "Well...I can clearly see your nuts."
Posted By: dabunk Re: N U T S - 06/15/10 11:16 AM
Two men are sitting drinking at a bar at the top of the Empire State Building when the first man turns to the other and says: "You know, last week I discovered that if you jump from the top of this building, by the time you fall to the 10th floor, the winds around the building are so intense that they carry you around the building and back into the window." The bartender just shakes his head in disapproval while wiping the bar.

The second guy says, "What are you a nut? There is no way in hell that could happen."

"No, it's true," said the first man, let me prove it to you." He gets up from the bar, jumps over the balcony, and plummets to the street below. When he passes the 10th floor, the high wind whips him around the building and back into the 10th floor window and he takes the elevator back up to the bar.

He met the second man, who looked quite astonished. "You know, I saw that with my own eyes, but that must have been a one time fluke."

"No, I'll prove it again," says the first man as he jumps. Again just as he is hurling toward the street, the 10th floor wind gently carries him around the building and into the window.

Once upstairs he urges his fellow drinker to try it. "Well, what the hell," the second guy says, "it works, I'll try it!"

He jumps over the balcony plunges downward, passes the 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th floors... and hits the sidewalk with a "splat."

Back upstairs the bartender turns to the other drinker, saying "You know, Superman, you're a real asshole when you're drunk.

Posted By: elbert Re: N U T S - 06/15/10 10:25 PM
[Linked Image]
I couldn't think of a better place to post this.
I took it this morning walking down front st.
It just reminds me of where I live so much. nothing is what you expect.
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: N U T S - 06/15/10 10:40 PM
That's a good one Elbert.
Posted By: Leah-Ann Re: N U T S - 06/15/10 11:58 PM
Saw that sign when we were there a few weeks ago. It is apparently accurate. I insisted we stop and the husband was immediately sorry!! wink
Posted By: JZB Re: N U T S - 06/16/10 04:06 PM
My favorite was the sign that read "Shoplifters will be beaten, shot and THEN prosecuted!" ha.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board