AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty legal threats - 04/09/11 02:09 PM
email i got this AM....

I understand you have 'banned' me from the AC.com message board for "insulting comments" in response to another poster who in fact made insulting comments first toward me. You and Casado Internet Group a/k/a AIM are hereby placed on notice that should any further content posted on your website reflect my name associated with libelous remarks about me I will undertake all remedies available to me at law.

Posted By: Marty Re: legal threats - 04/09/11 02:15 PM
Dearest You Know Who You Are:

no one could read why i banned you except you. no remarks at all let alone "libelous" remarks were posted on the board anywhere. In the admin zone there is a list of the three usernames (two people) i banned last night. nothing posted publicly, no real names.

You guys were really going at it in mini chat and have been for quite awhile. Take it to the sandbox. Very very bad language for a public board. Minichat has been borderline obscene the last couple nights with the fighting in there. not acceptable. Lots of complaints.

Here's ONE i got last night

Hi Marty,
There is some pretty offensive stuff being said in mini chat. It has actually been for a number of days but tonight seems the worst.

also, if you would like to discuss the situation, I would be glad to.

Legal threats first thing in the morning don't really excite me. Some reasoned discussion might go a lot further.

I know you weren't the main instigator. But the language used in that discussion is not suitable for a public board.
Posted By: Otteralum Re: legal threats - 04/11/11 01:46 AM
Mini chat fights? I gotta start watching more closely.

Life's too short people -- and, legal threats because of a third party poster on a Belize travel message board? Really? Someone needs to get his banky wanky, curl up in the fetal position and sleep it off.
Posted By: catdance62 Re: legal threats - 04/11/11 02:01 PM
Slander or libel suit in this case would be extremely difficult to bring to a court of law. Slander has to be an "untruth" written in print about the party in question and must be proved to be an untruth beyond a shadow of a doubt. It also has to be proven that the untruth would publicly hurt the person bringing the suit in business, commerce, or tarnish their public reputation
Posted By: elbert Re: legal threats - 04/11/11 02:25 PM
Belize courts just plaino don't entertain that kinda crap!
and its soooo refreshing.
You can always identify an Amercain bird by the call they make, 'I'mgonasueyou I'mgonesueyou'!
Posted By: Gela Re: legal threats - 04/13/11 04:31 AM
I was on the AC MB one evening and saw a nasty dialog going on in the mini chat. I was very surprised but was told by others that it was going on for some time. It used to be a fun place to check in and say hi. It felt like a boxing ring. Coming in in the middle of the heated conversation was very confusing.

I suspect the person that sent you this email doesn't like to be sensored.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board