AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: nic1021 September Weather - 01/12/06 05:32 PM
Some people are making me nervous about traveling to Belize in September. Is September a bad time weather wise to travel to Belize?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: September Weather - 01/12/06 05:55 PM
The week of labor day is now our standard visit to San Pedro. We love that the island is less crowded and the lower rates for just about everything is an added bonus. However, it is considered hurricane season. That said, we have had great weather the past two Septembers. If you are really concerned consider purchasing trip insurance. Personally, I wouldn't go any other time!
Posted By: Otteralum Re: September Weather - 01/12/06 06:50 PM
Travelled this past mid-Septemeber and had a blast. Rained twice for about 30-minutes a piece. It was hot as hell, but we jumped from bar to bar so it's all good. Just like law, I recommend insurance, but would do that any time of year.
Posted By: Kristykins Re: September Weather - 01/12/06 07:30 PM
I think you just have to watch out of Hurricaines. You do run a risk, but that's just how Mother Nature works smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: September Weather - 01/12/06 07:31 PM
wow - watching out of a hurricane could be quite an experience wink
Posted By: klcman Re: September Weather - 01/12/06 11:53 PM
but what a rush!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: September Weather - 01/12/06 11:59 PM
The only time last year we had a real fright was in mid-July, and the only time anyone actually sustained any damage was in (I think, but I may be mis-remembering) October. September was blissful.
Posted By: Chloe Re: September Weather - 01/13/06 12:57 AM
Please no "H" word so soon after the terrible season we had, and it just closed.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board