AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: brandywine weather - 03/18/04 02:55 AM
My husband and I visited the island last May. The weather was beautiful. We are thinking about September this year. What would the weather be like?
Posted By: silkpainter Re: weather - 03/18/04 04:48 AM
It will definitely be hot. Those 2 months, we lose our trade winds, plus its low season so you should be able to get great deals on accommodations. In my opinion Sept/Oct accords the best snorkeling and diving, because the water is glass flat, no breeze kicking up the waves.
--Lee
Posted By: brandywine Re: weather - 03/18/04 09:26 PM
Thanks for the info. We stayed at Capt. Morgans last year. This year we want to rent a house. We are looking at renting from Caye Management for Mi Vida Loca or Casa Teresita from Aug 28th to Sept 5th or Sept 3rd to the 12th. Is there a local celebration during this time? I thought I read that there is an Independence day for the Island around this time. Are you familiar with either of these houses? Mi Vida Loca has an enclosed screened porch so that would probably be our first choice and the listing says it is very private. We spent most of our time snorkeling and riding around the island on a golf cart last year. It was beautiful and I can't wait to come back. I'd also be preparing most of our meals. What is the best store to buy groceries, meat and drinks (beer and rum) from?
Thanks, Brandy
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board