AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: sarahsmile nursing needs in bze??? - 11/14/03 12:23 AM
Hey guys and gals!
I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner but let me try it now! I tried a search but didn't see anything.
Most of you recognize me so I wont get chewed out about "working in Belize as a new grad" heeeheeeheeee!
Anyways I was wondering if anyone out there would mind looking into the posibilities of a foreign nurse (from the states-me of course) getting a job at one of the hospitals in Belize???

I did ask around (was short on time) when I was there last and everyone passed me on to someone else but they all said sure. Do any of you have connections??? Or know who I can contact? If all goes well I will be graduating in May 04...right around the corner!!! plz email me [email protected]
Thanks!
Posted By: Lan Sluder/Belize First Re: nursing needs in bze??? - 11/14/03 02:05 AM
Do keep in mind that in Belize if you do get a job as a nurse you will make only a small fraction of what you'd make in the U.S., Canada or Western Europe. Under US$10,000.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: sarahsmile Re: nursing needs in bze??? - 11/14/03 02:11 AM
I know Lan! I am not in it for the $$$$ I just love Belize! I spent 10 years volunteering full time...if I could do that for the rest of my life I would!
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: nursing needs in bze??? - 11/14/03 02:52 PM
Check with Universal Health Services and Belize Medical Associates in Belize City.
Luma Luz Clinic in Cayo.
They are all private hospitals.
Posted By: sarahsmile Re: nursing needs in bze??? - 11/14/03 06:07 PM
Thanks Dianne!
Posted By: JmHanna Re: nursing needs in bze??? - 11/22/03 07:14 AM
Hi Sarah,
You would be an assett to any medical facility, anywhere!! Good luck!!
Tell me where you end up working, I feel a sickness coming on. wink
Jim
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board