AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: mistershell looking to buy a boat - 05/13/04 01:16 AM
My name is marc. I will be back in San Pedro May 19 th. Im looking to buy a boat anyone knows of one for sale please contact me. Thanks
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: looking to buy a boat - 05/14/04 04:29 PM
Look in the newspaper and visit the Boatyard.
Posted By: Laguna Punta Re: looking to buy a boat - 05/14/04 07:53 PM
...boats for sale in San Pedro are like cars for sale in the US...shouldn't have any problems.
Posted By: ScubaSnack Re: looking to buy a boat - 05/15/04 07:02 PM
I plan on trailering either my Catalina 22 or Balboa 26 sailboat down to Belize later this spring...sail around for a couple months and then sell it. If I can't sell it, I'll put it into dry storage in Belize. I plan to pay the duties when I cross the border. Anybody else done this kinda thing? Any hints or tips?

Can anyone provide some accurate information what the duties would be for a $3500 or $7000 sailboat with small outboard? Thanks, TW
Posted By: Golden Girl Re: looking to buy a boat - 05/17/04 01:04 AM
I know Woody Canaday at the Corona del Mar Hotel sells boats and he is a real estate agent. Let me know if you need any more contact info.
Posted By: mistershell Re: looking to buy a boat - 05/17/04 03:21 AM
I want to thank everyone for their input. I was in town last fall and March on business, spent time looking for a boat. No luck. Only came across one but it had a wood hull and old engine. Diane Campbell good hearing from you and again thanks for all your help & time you gave me last fall. I see Bob has finally started his newest project. Golden girl thanks for your input also. I've stayed at Woodies more than once, I'll look him up this week while on my quest for a boat.
Thanks again
Marc LoBianco
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board