AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Caye Connect Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 05/15/06 03:55 PM
Skype just announced FREE calls to land lines and mobile phones in the USA and Canada. And... BTL is not currently blocking Skype, get it while it's hot!

http://bfic.wordpress.com/2006/05/1...-mobile-phones-within-the-us-and-canada/
Posted By: kwalkpt Re: Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 05/15/06 10:25 PM
Skype has been up and down lately!!!
Posted By: HVYMTL Re: Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 05/15/06 11:25 PM
KnckrBckrNYC,

I think you need to be in the US in order to call out to US or Canada numbers to enjoy the "free" rates. Have not tried it yet or checked the fine print at Skype. Just a few posts I ran across today. Let us know if it works for you from your location. If you have a US Skype number and make it work from anywhere, that would be great!

Tom
CountrySideNet
I went back to read the fine print and you are correct. This ONLY applies calling "within" the states. So for those of us IN Belize, calling to the US/Canada will cost the standard (astronimcal smile ) rate of $0.021 US per minute. While we're at it, the current Skype rate for inbound Belize calls is $0.219 US.
Posted By: spl Re: Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 05/30/06 07:58 PM
WHY OR WHY ARE YOU POSTING THIS PUBLICALLY FOR COMPANIES LIKE BTL TO SEE!
BTL's actions are ILLEGAL and the crime is becoming more public now. I'm not one to sneak around while criminals rob people of their rights. The more we talk about these constitutional violations, the more angry people become. There is a reason BTL has been so shady about this...

BTL is using sophisticated software to both monitor VoIP activity and then jam it up. They aren't going to "overlook" something because we keep it quiet here.

http://bfic.wordpress.com
Posted By: beachboy Re: Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 06/11/06 03:22 AM
Keep the government happy use your Digicell. Try phoning the UK, it chews up a $50 card before you can have half a conversation.

But if you use a Standard Card and dial the 0800-285-2285 number from your cellphone you get twice as long for the same money.

Nothing BTL can do about it.

Thank you BTL for saving us so much money.

I welcome SKype and love the way certain businesses let people call home for free provided they buy a beer.

That works out at around $1.00 per minute and you get the beer for free and the government earns their crust.

What a warped country this is, but I wouldn't live anywhere else!
Posted By: tacogirl Re: Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 06/11/06 04:31 PM
Anyone use skype here.

I am curious to know about the band with issues that is what always made me hesitant about using it and if it slows you down cause you have to share bandwith with other skype members.

we use cheapest level of coral cable for net
Posted By: beachboy Re: Skype offers FREE Calls to US/Canada - 06/11/06 05:44 PM
I have used it many times and sometimes it doesn't work but most of the time it is perfect.

It is certainly the way ahead in telecommunications.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board