AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: pnut Supplies from the mainland? - 03/08/08 11:12 PM
Hey all! I need some advice. As you might know, we are renovating the Pink Motel...We'll be down March 28-April 1, and are planning to go to the mainland to purchase building supplies, bar supplies, and household supplies...sort of like a Walmart road trip, Belize style. Any suggestions from anyone with experience? I hear rumors that there is a shopping zone in Chetumal, and you can bring stuff back to San Pedro by boat, withour paying duties and fees. Any scoop? thanks for the help, I hope to meet some of you this trip!!
Posted By: beachbumin Re: Supplies from the mainland? - 03/09/08 03:28 PM
There are several supply outlets in and around Belize City for hotel/motel supplies, none of them really comprehensive or ever fully stocked. Met a lady a week ago while on a shopping trip to Brodie's on the Northern Highway. Her name is Robin and she has a company called The Added Touch. She has a nice list of some hard to find articles. She can be reached at 223-1461 or [email protected]. Whereas an excursion to Chetumal sounds great, and certainly will provide access to many and cheap essentials, Belize customs is actively tracking almost everything that comes this way from Chetumal through Corozal. I have seen on numerous occasions the customs guys in San Pedro waiting to inspect luggage and packages. Just Friday saw thm seize a large box full of cartons of Benson and Hedges cigarettes. You can legally buy things in Chetumal then clear customs at the Belize border and pay all your duties there. Be warned that you will likely be subject to a further inspection once you reach San Pedro, so keep all those paid customs receipts. Good luck!
Posted By: Diane Campbell Re: Supplies from the mainland? - 03/11/08 04:27 PM
What's the Pink Motel?

Posted By: SP Daily Re: Supplies from the mainland? - 03/11/08 04:28 PM
the old Mayas Katut...next to Angel Nunez's house
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board