AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: A C BTL's DNS issues, and a solution - 02/09/10 05:16 PM
Hey everyone, I dont know if its just us up north or everyone. But BTL recently has had some horrible DNS troubles. Meaning some sites will work while others wont, or you have internet connection but just cant hit any site at all.

I have a easy (free) fix with a simple tutorial for you to fix this issue. i dont want to post anymore details on the board as I've been told MANY times that btl monitors it and for some reason maybe they wont like you circumventing the DNS issue my way.

anyway since I did it i havnt had any pages not load, or time out. Its not VPN.

Shoot me a PM I will send details if you need them.

AC
Posted By: Amanda Syme Re: BTL's DNS issues, and a solution - 02/09/10 05:34 PM
Did you get your modem reconfigured? Some big change was supposed to happen yesterday. You need the new configuration for the www to work.
Posted By: A C Re: BTL's DNS issues, and a solution - 02/09/10 06:59 PM
oh no i didnt, thats probably why i needed to use my work around ;x lol will btl now smile either way btl's dns sucks!
Posted By: Peter Jones Re: BTL's DNS issues, and a solution - 02/09/10 10:06 PM
I don't know about now, but the problem has always been that Belize didn't have enough IP addresses, and the ones it had were spread too thinly.
Posted By: tacogirl Re: BTL's DNS issues, and a solution - 02/10/10 09:51 PM
It may not be the nest internet and seems like we pay to much for it but I am just glad it is working again. 3 days was too long without.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board