AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Neil W Autowrecking business in belize - 10/13/04 07:14 AM
Someone mentioned an auto wrecking business in Belize might do very well ..i'm a retired ( Bored ) auto wrecker ( I bought smashed vehicles and sold used parts off them ) thinking of retiring in Belize ,I keep thinking of starting a small wrecking business here in Alberta again to keep busy with what I like ,but the cold winters are driving me south and I'm looking for a country to hang my hat in ..what about it folks ? are there many autowrecking places there ?
I know there are a few used parts places around Belize City and a couple elsewhere.

Keep in mind that Belize's entire population country wide is only about 265,000, and that only a small percentage, less than 10%, own cars. So while there's surely demand for used parts, and plenty of bad roads and bad drivers to create junk cars, the total market is quite small.

Before you get too far along in your plans, you should spend some time in Belize and see what the situation is.

--Lan Sluder
Posted By: Neil W Re: Autowrecking business in belize - 11/20/04 07:27 PM
thanks for the insight , I would not move to Belize just to be an autowrecker ,but as a lover of the Country . ( If I still loved it after spending a few months there )
Neil
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board