AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Belize Tourism Website BelizeMaya2012.com - 08/15/11 08:47 PM
from friends......

I spent some time on the Belize Tourism Board website (www.travelbelize.org). The site is still more or less deconstructed, with a number of sections "under construction."

Also, oddly, apparently the BTB no longer has a toll-free number. In fact, so far as I could tell, it doesn't even give its address on Regent St.

I don't understand what the BTB is up to these days.

=====================

You remember back in April when all this started and BTB gave the new contract to belizedev. Some sites they control still have nothing going on like "tasteofbelize." However, the "belizemaya2012" site actually looks pretty slick to me after doing a brief look about today.

They really should have all this fixed by now, though. It's been months.

I mentioned that the BTB seemed to have put in an effort for the website:

BelizeMaya2012.com

as compared to other websites taken over some months ago.

The reason was made clear by an ad I saw in the September, 2011, National Geographic Traveler magazine today. This web address seems to be the one that will be used going forward for Belize tourism along with the phone number 800-624-0686. The full page ad is similar others used recently with the exception of the new web address and the clear push in the text for the general Maya/2012 theme.
Interesting.

"Be One With The Maya"

Posted By: Marty Re: Belize Tourism Website BelizeMaya2012.com - 08/15/11 08:54 PM
well, i went to this site to check it out. ready to be impressed!

first thing i went to was to look at what they had on the maya sites:

http://www.belizedev.com/belizemaya2012/maya-sites/maya-sites.html

click on any of them. they are all empty. at least for me�.

Went to "the experiences"

they have one paragraph on sporting events

art, music and culture? TWO paragraphs. one is tiny tho.

beaches and rainforest? one paragraph. at least the pic is of snorkeling and not the dive gear hanging in the closet they had last time i looked at the BTB site.

go to "The Belize Maya" main area? BLANK

i say get the thing ready before you go live.

c'est la vie.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board