AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: Marty Telephone Act: has the potential for abuse - 09/29/11 02:41 PM

Act will allow access to property and has the potential abuse

Carlo Mason

The interception of communications and the retention of information by telephone companies is an interference with constitutional rights of citizens. Such breaches can only be done if justified and authorized by law. The implementing legislation, however, has not been passed by Government. But the violation of constitutional rights also applies to property. The attorneys explained that the Act will allow access to property and has the potential for abuse.

Carlo Mason

"The entry warrant allows for the technicians, of course under the authorization of the court order, to physically enter your home. They can physically enter the premises of this television and strategically place bugs. And I’m sorry if I might sound like I am rehashing some movie but the entry warrant�"

Marleni Cuellar

"Without your knowledge."

Carlo Mason

"Without your knowledge-for someone else to enter ones home to place in a strategic way�"

Marleni Cuellar

"Perhaps in an office or conference room or residents to overhear conversations."

Carlo Mason

"And recording of data. So it's not just your conversations but they can mess with your computer then to allow for them to monitor your internet usage. What websites are you looking at? They can record your keystrokes, they can clone your mail, if they have enough time they can clone your entire hard drive. It's not hard to do you can download the programs free of cost as a matter of fact."

Channel 5

Being an ex volunteer Sherrif, I have seen the way the Belize Police department operates. You will know when you are being bugged. Just look for the big microphone in the middle of your room.

Seriouisly, What they are not telling you is there is now technology that the US govennment has whereby they can track you and use your cell phone as a microphone and listen in to room conversations even if your phone is off.

The only way around it is to remove your cell phone battery whenever you are having a private conversation.

Why do you think they want to control BTL and have you register your phones. Big Brother is watching!!!

"What they are not telling you is there is now technology that the US govennment has whereby they can track you and use your cell phone as a microphone and listen in to room conversations even if your phone is off."

WOW ...
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board