AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: KVarner Is there any demand for a Stage Hypnotist? - 01/21/07 03:03 AM
I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist, and would love to do stage hypnotism in Belize. I imagine that there is such a market, but I have no clue who to talk to. Any ideas?

Also, I know there is a visa process for entertainers, does anyone know the requirements?
Sounds like fun need any volunteers ha ha

Sorry do not have answer to your ?
Visa will probably cost you more than you are going to make. Last I read it was about 1500 BZE.
Can't help with visa info, but think there may be a market for a hypnotherapist that helps with smoking cessation and other habits that one might want to break. Then do the stage work for publicity and fun.

Posted By: weile Re: Is there any demand for a Stage Hypnotist? - 01/22/07 03:09 AM
You don't need a visa. What you'll need is a work permit, and there is such a thing as a temporary work permit for visiting entertainers. My advice is to contact a venue and have them set up a couple of shows for you.
If you intend to live here permanently, it is a whole other story.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is there any demand for a Stage Hypnotist? - 01/22/07 03:17 AM
Whether you need a visa depends partly on your nationality, which is....?
I'm a United States citizen.
I've never seen a stage hypnotized, what does it do? (act like a stage?)

he he

SIN
As of TODAY.....you won't be going anywhere outside of the USA without a VISA.....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Is there any demand for a Stage Hypnotist? - 01/23/07 01:48 AM
you mean w/o a passport?
I wouldn't dream of leaving the states without a visa! Most places don't accept mastercard.
Posted By: Or Re: Is there any demand for a Stage Hypnotist? - 01/23/07 05:33 PM
Yes, you will need a work permit. shoot me an e-mail.......
When you get there you will need to see immigration offices in front street. If you wish to get a work permit you really have to come up with an idea of why they should give you one....either open a place which would be the easiest way. Or have something you have that they need. You can't even volunteer without papers. If you are doing it to make good money........well lets just say it won't be easy. but never say never. Good luck.
Posted By: KS Re: Is there any demand for a Stage Hypnotist? - 01/23/07 07:38 PM
I crossed the border this morning at the Peace Arch without a Passport or Visa. smile
I really don't see many stage hypnotists here, so work papers would be easy, getting work may be difficult.

You need a passport to get back into the US, not to leave.

The final word on everything.

SIN
ooops, I meant passport.....
I have been to several stage Hypnotist had a blast. Fidos would be a great spot for that, Somthing new. Good Luck!!
Were's the "Peace Arch"?
The Peace Arch is located in the U.S. just right before you reach the Canadian border in Northern Washington State. A pretty cool monument.
This is confusing me. But maybe being a hypnotist will really come in handy not having a Passport. <cough!!> There are temp work permits for things like media. You could possibly get one through the Belize Film Commissioner Office from Emory King. If it's a good act, Fidos would be the best place on San Pedro for that. I'd be willing to do the Videography. Maybe a trade. Can you hypnotize me to lower my standards on womens looks?
Originally Posted by TrueLover
Can you hypnotize me to lower my standards on womens looks?

Why would you want to do that? Reminds me of that movie Shallow Hal.
Of course you're right but gets lonely being picky. Just my sense of humor or at times lack of. Problem is I really think I'm funny.
Hey! I loved that movie. So many beautiful women that just don't have the body bling. Kinda sucks being like pavlovs dog. I'm missing out on some inner hotties. I admit I'm f'd up but <sigh> what can ya do.... ? No can do the player thing but no longer want to. ok, I'm getting in deeper. I hear the voice telling me to stop now. It's a raging battle of good and evil. Say it or don't send or don't send, click or don't click. Who will win? Oh the drama.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board