AmbergrisCaye.com Home
Posted By: ClassyCoconut ,Work Permit - 01/23/08 11:07 AM
Hi there i hope someone can help me with this query.

I was wondering if anybody knows if you still have to live in Belize for 6 months before you can apply for a work permit?

I have been on numerous websites about visas and work permits but they seem to have conflicting information.Any accurate info would be greatly appreciated.Thanks smile
Posted By: cherylvalentine Re: ,Work Permit - 01/23/08 11:33 AM
I don't think you need to be in Belize for 6 months,although it is hard to get a work permit in the service industry,ie bartender waitress,etc. As I understand it to be the easiest way to get a work permit is to apply for a self employed work permit. Otherwise the person who you plan on working for has to prove to the Government that you where the best person for the job and they tried to employ a citizen of belize. If you look back at some of the messages posted on other threads there should be more info for you there.Good luck
Posted By: dabunk Re: ,Work Permit - 01/23/08 01:40 PM
You can apply as soon as you arrive, or if you have an employer lined up, they can start the process for you. We have interns arrive for our camp and the first thing we do is start their paperwork for work permit.
© Ambergris Caye Belize Message Board