Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kgryfon Offline OP
OP Offline
Has anyone had to switch flights in San Salvador? It's the cheapest flight but I am a bit leery about switching there. Also, is special paperwork required if you do?

Thanks!

Kat
Hey...My husband & I worry about that too....as pretty much English Only speakers...we are nervous about having to change planes there...and also are wondering about needing visas or such to go there even though it's just a 'changeover'!! Nor would we want to have to pay customs fees,etc for there too!! Hopefully someone on here can give good answers regarding this!! smile

"Sometimes I go this way, sometimes I go that way-but it's always MY way!" LOL! "Cheshire" in CA
I have changed flights in San Salvador twice. Easy. As easy or easier than switching in the states. You do not need VISAS or pay customs fees, you are not entering the country just switching flights.

I
I
San Salvador is an easy airport. I've done it many times with no worries at all. There is even good shopping at duty free if you have time. Great coffee stands too.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Much easier than the US - they understand what transit means.

no sweat going thataway

C
C
I cant recall how many times i have done that, mabe 10?? San Salvador has a great Airport, very modern, very safe. The country uses the US dollar as its currency so very easy if you want a meal or somthing. I was put up allnight at a 4 star hotel in the city central, due to flight delay, I had a great time, champagne brunch, with a 12 piece orchestra, Wine and Steak for dinner, free phone calls home, and a spa in my bathroom, ALL FREE!!!!!

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
kool...answered my questions...will be flying into belize from costa rica, changing planes in san salvador...thanx for the responses to this post

after reading coopers travel woes, i wouldnt mind being delayed there. sure beats the super 8 in south chicago. hahaha

Kgryfon Offline OP
OP Offline
Wow! Cooper - that sounds like it really sucked!!!

Thanks for the responses, everyone. I was really unsure, but it looks like that's the way to go.

Kat

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.