All visitors to Belize must be in the possession of a valid passport. This passport must be valid for at least six (6) months after the intended departure from Belize. Note that this means that if you wish to spend time in Belize from January until June (inclusive), your passport must be valid until the end of December of that same year.
Nationals of the following countries do not need to get a Visa for Belize:
- Citizens of the European Union Member States (EU)
- Citizens of the Caribbean Community Member States (CARICOM)
- Citizens of the United States of America and dependent territories
- Costa Rica
- South Africa
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Realms & Monarchies
- Citizens of the Commonwealth Republics with the exception of:
- Sri Lanka
- West African Countries
Nationals of all other countires will need to get a Visa for Belize.
Most Belize visa applications can be handled within one week (or 5 business days). However, if your visa application requires authorisation from the Director of Immigration and Nationality Services in Belize, you should expect that it may take 2 – 4 weeks. Please note that there needs to be a seperate application for each individual within a group, this is regardless of the age of the individuals.
Belize Immigration and Nationality Department
Belmopan, Cayo District
Belize, Central America