Belize QRP incentive program
I am seriously considering the QRP program.I am aware of the fees involved in submitting an application as well as obtaining the status. However, I would like to know if there are fees attached to the annual renewal of the card and proof of income.
Here is the application form, along with details and contact information for the program. I myself am not certain about your question, but I am sure some of those in the contact info will know….
Click here for the BTB Belize Retired Persons Incentives Program application form with instructions, details and contact information.
hope that helps!
Qualified Retired Person’s Programme (QRP)
A special Retirement Program has been designed specifically for retirees who wish to live in Belize and can prove a permanent and consistent income from investments, pension or any other form of retirement benefit. Successful applicants are granted special Qualified Retired Person’s Status (QRP status).
Benefits of QRP Status:
- Exemption from all taxes on income and receipts.
- Exemption from all import duties and taxes on personal effects upon first importation into Belize.
- Exemption from all import duties and taxes every five years on a personal motor vehicle.
- Spouse and children under the age of eighteen included in program.
- Permission to conduct business from within Belize if business activities are carried on mainly outside of the country and are not conducted with Belizeans.
Any Retired Person over 45 years of age who is a citizen or permanent resident of the USA, UK, Canada or Belize may apply for Qualified Retired Person status.
Application Requirements:Interested persons can obtain an application form from the Belize Tourist Board (BTB). Completed applications must be submitted along with the following supporting documentation:
- Birth Certificate (A copy of a certificate for the applicant and each dependant)
- Marriage Certificate (If married and spouse is a dependant)
- Authentic Police Record (An authentic police record from the applicants last place of residency issued within one month prior to this application)
- Passport (Clear copies of complete passport (including all blank pages) of applicant and all dependents that have been certified by a Notary Public. The copies must have the passport number, name of principal, number of pages and the seal or stamp of the Notary Public.)
- Proof of Income:
- An official statement from a bank or financial institution certifying that the applicant is the recipient of a pension or annuity of a minimum of US$2,000.00 per month.
- A Financial Statement from a financial institution, bank, credit union, or building society in Belize certifying that the applicant’s investment will generate the sum of a minimum of US$2,000.00 per month or the equivalent of US$24,000.00 per year.
- Medical Examination (Applicants should undergo a complete medical examination including an AIDS test. A copy of the medical certificate must be attached to the application.)
- Passport photos (Four front and four-side passport size photographs that have been taken recently of applicant and dependents)
For more information, click here.