EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2016, by order of the Belize Dogs Act Chapter 153 Revised Edition 2000 and the San Pedro Town Dog Control Orders of 2012, all dogs must be leashed and have a proper and humane collar for identification.
- Dogs must be restrained on private property by a fence, tether, or leash, in a humane manner.
- Dog owners are required to keep their dog on a leash and under immediate control any time the dog is taken off their property and into public.
- All dogs six (6) months and older must be licensed.
- Rabies Vaccinations are prerequisites for licensing dogs.
- $30 Vaccinations are available at Saga Humane Society. No cost vaccinations are available.
- To license your dogs you must provide the following information:
- Name, Occupation, Address, Number of dogs and Contact information. *All this information will be stored in a database.
Annual Fee per dog: $5.00
For more information, click here.