Aerial view of Goff's Caye
Goff's Caye is a small island off the shore of Belize City, Belize. It is situated north of the English Channel and is 1.2 acres (4,900 m2) of sandy land. It sits right on the edge of the Belize Barrier Reef with waters to the south and east being only 0.6 to 3 metres deep. Goff's #Caye is registered as an archaeological site due to its Colonial era settlement.
During the Colonial times, the island served as a fishing camp, trade center and cemetery. Among those interred in the cemetery are a number of crew members from HMS Blossom, who died of Yellow Fever during a visit to the colony in August 1830.
About 500 cruise ship tourists visit the island weekly.
Photograph by Astrum Helicopters
Click here to comment on this picture.
Other Belizean "Pictures of the Day":
San Pedro Daily