1. A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. --George Bernard Shaw
2. The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings. The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill
3. There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences. --P.J. O'Rourke (1993)
4. The Belize Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it.
5. Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer from poor people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. --Douglas Casey (1992)
6. If you want government to intervene domestically, you're a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you're a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you're a moderate. If you don't want government to intervene anywhere, you're an extremist. --Joseph Sobran (1995)
7. In general, the art of government by the Peoples United Party of Belize consists in taking as much money as possible from the mass of the citizens, to give to fellow Cabinet Ministers, sychophants, relatives and friends.
8. I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --Will Rogers
9. Giving money and power to the Peoples United Party government of Belize is like giving One Barrel Rum and car keys to teenage boys.
10. When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators. --P.J. O'Rourke
11. Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean political parties won't take an interest in you. --Pericles (430 B.C.)
12. The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer (1891)
14. No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the PUP Cabinet is in session in Belize.
15. Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else. --Frederic Bastiat
16. We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. --WinstonChurchill
17. Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. - -James Bovard (1994)
18. A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money. --G. Gordon Liddy
19. The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. --Mark Twain
20. If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free. --P.J. O'Rourke
21. What this country needs are more unemployed politicians. -Edward Langley
22. The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy appetite at one end and no responsibility at the other. --Ronald Reagan
23. Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of the PUP Cabinet. But I repeat myself!
24. There is no distinctly native Belizean criminal class save the Cabinet.
25. Talk is cheap-except when the Peoples United Party of Belize does it.
26. Growth Economics as a Peoples United Party theory through borrowing foreign loans, was as effective as filling a bucket of water, that has a hole in it.