Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Two weeks old #249678
09/14/07 03:11 PM
09/14/07 03:11 PM
baby lager head 003.jpg
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,563
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline OP
Two weeks old

Peter I took this 30 min ago....Your turn. The loggerhead mating season is from late March to early June. Little is known about courtship or mating habits of the loggerhead (or those of any other sea turtle, for that matter.
Adult females begin to nest as early as late April and they continue right up to early September. Nesting activity is at its peak in June and July. Average clutch size varies from 100 to 126 eggs. Loggerheads nest at night. Natural incubation periods range from 53-55 days.
Re: Two weeks old [Re: elbert] #249683
09/14/07 03:33 PM
09/14/07 03:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,255
bucks county, PA
sweetjane Offline
sweetjane  Offline
awesome, elbert!

Re: Two weeks old [Re: elbert] #249687
09/14/07 03:47 PM
09/14/07 03:47 PM
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 45
twocanphotogirl Offline
twocanphotogirl  Offline

Great photo....He is sooooo cute!....Let's name him...

Re: Two weeks old [Re: twocanphotogirl] #249689
09/14/07 03:49 PM
09/14/07 03:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,563
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline OP
elbert  Offline OP

White Sands Dive Shops Daily Blog
Re: Two weeks old [Re: elbert] #249691
09/14/07 04:06 PM
09/14/07 04:06 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,200
divingcowgirl Offline
divingcowgirl  Offline cute!!!!!! I love the pic!

Take the road less traveled
Re: Two weeks old [Re: elbert] #249703
09/14/07 04:59 PM
09/14/07 04:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,563
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline OP
elbert  Offline OP
This time table puts the hatchings at about!
Bite size has hazards and mother nature makes up for it with large clutch numbers to increase the number of survivors. 10% are said to make it to adulthood.
After natural effects (The bite size problem) take 90% of the clutch the remaining 10%'s primary threat is the nets of the fishing industry and this has kept them on the endangered species list.

Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 66 guests, and 23 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019 HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1