Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
4 Images
Reef Village - Road? - Holy Cross School

I'll let the pictures speak for me - for now.
12 Comments
P
P
That road is absolutely appalling. Is it the legal responsibility of the RV developers to restore & maintain it, or just what we/you see as a moral duty?

Could you take/post some more close up to the school?

OP Offline
I'm going to try to go to town in an hour and will take some then. I have not been able to get to the bridge for the last three or four days. Going north the roads are in better condition until you get past Grand Caribe.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
NJG Offline
How can any developer even start that type of job w/o a proper road? Does the Town Board not see this. How can they issue permits unless roads , water,electric is first in place???
Those poor folks that have to cross that muck everyday.
Shame Shame on the developer and the people whom allowed them to start that construction..

Devlopers have no responsibility to maintain roads.

B
B
Maybe not, but....What do the owners and potential owners of Reef Village think of such despicable conditions? Wonderful view off your front veranda. And, if the water is contaminated at the school and San Mateo, doesn't the RV lagoon stand in peril as well?

I have only seen one developer in all Belize make a beautiful road in front of their project. That is Coco Plum on the Placencia Peninsula. Nasty muddy road the whole length of the peninsula, but the road he put in will rival any in Belize.

Chris Berrringfinger has built how many appts and he felt he had to do something-why did he not continue-he has responsibility as well as JP-

S
S
The first time I walked down the short road from my house to the main road in the rain with my shoes under water,I upgraded the entire thing to gravel and raised the bed above the waterline. It just makes common sense to improve your area with your own means, rather than depend on others(or higher taxes) to do it for you. As a result, it is a pleasure to turn at Casa Maxim to Princess Drive. This doesn't work for every circumstance, but did improve our situation.

Last edited by Stilromin; 09/28/08 08:02 PM.
P
P
I think in this case the road that existed before RV was started was decent - perhaps locals can comment on that? And it's largely RV's activities which have reduced it to a (probably infected) quagmire. If I'm right then the developer SHOULD have been given a duty to maintain a decent road. Don't forget that a lot of people live "up north" and this road is their only land access to town.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.