Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tarantula (2).JPG
My First Tarantula Sighting in SP

This fellow was on stage with one of my singers last night. Told the singer to keep singing and not turn around, and swept it off the stage. Fun moment!
13 Comments
Red rump, they are smart

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
any idea if you can handle these Elbert or are they "tempermental" from the get go?

S
S
Some are moody, some are not. Stick your hand palm up on the ground in front of it and push it's butt toward you with the other hand. If it rears up leave it alone.

Yeah, well Simon I think I'd just as soon not "push it's butt" at all on the off chance "they are smart" as Elbert says.

I submit for your consideration: A truly crafty arachnid, instead of tipping it's hand as to the deeply personal insult imposed by "bumping its ugly" would not simply rear up in displeasure, but might very well decide to revert to subterfuge to restore its honor. Thus conspiring and so motivated it would adopt a seemingly docile attitude, wander up to, and onto, the profered hand of the unsuspecting naturalist. Then within seconds, unleash pent up indignant rage fully envenomating its victim with bite after bite, shredding flesh and inflicting savage wounds, leaving behind a comatose husk resembling the corpse of the photgrapher in Aracnaphpobia...

or I suppose it could just ignore the offered palm and amble off in search of a she spider; the original object of his nocturnal wanderings...

In short I guess I'll have to try your suggestion sometime...

S
S
Pussy.

Originally Posted by SimonB
Pussy.

Bahahahaha! so acknowledged!

I'm chalking it up to parachnoid delusion... eek

Originally Posted by SimonB
Some are moody, some are not. Stick your hand palm up on the ground in front of it and push it's butt toward you with the other hand. If it rears up leave it alone.

Push up his butt with a .12 gauge laugh

Originally Posted by Rykat
Push up his butt with a .12 gauge laugh

I'll assume the author means 12 gauge a .12 gauge is a rather small "weapon" in such matters. The proverbial knife to a gunfight springs to mind....

from Bear....

Consequences of Underestimating Arachnoid Behaviour & Ability

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.