Print Thread
Henry Jemmott #550502
06/01/21 08:10 AM
06/01/21 08:10 AM
5 Images
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Henry Jemmott

Henry Jemmott passed away in the early morning of May 28, 2021. He will be greatly missed by many.

Henry was once the coastal executive officer of the Belize Police Department stationed at the San Pedro Police Station on Ambergris Caye.

Chester Williams:
“Mister Jemmott had worked in various aspects of policing and was recently the officer commanding San Ignacio Police Formation. And in May of this year, he was transferred to Belize City to take over command of precinct two.

A release from the police department says, quote,
"You have left us suddenly, King, but your dedication to the Government of Belize, the Belize Police Department, and the people of Belize will never be forgotten...sleep on OFFICER for we will all meet again one day."

Jorge Aldana:
Henry Jemmott was full of energy and had a bright future ahead. He looked forward in life for only good things. I had the privilege of working along with him for years, as a journalist, JP and as an employee of the council.

We had good working adventures and in one occasion I was rescued by Jemmott in the height of a hurricane as we stayed stranded rescuing a family. He said “I personally the come for you Aldees, just hold on.” And he did - he was in a white truck! Who will forget our NEMO meetings and social gatherings for Public Service week. Jemmott was fun and always true to his friends. I have so many fun and good memories and stories.

[Linked Image]
7 Comments
Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550504
06/01/21 08:15 AM
06/01/21 08:15 AM
San Pedro AC Belize
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
Godspeed Henry.

Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550518
06/02/21 04:52 AM
06/02/21 04:52 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
San Pedro Police Formation honors Supt. Henry Jemmott with a memorial. The public is invited to stop by and pay their respects to the fallen officer. There is also a notebook available to write messages.

[Linked Image]
Photo by the Ambergris Today

Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550536
06/02/21 11:48 AM
06/02/21 11:48 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

A Memorial for Supt. Henry Jemmott in San Pedro
The death of Superintendent Henry Jemmott has hit his colleagues hard and also the many people of San Pedro who knew him over the years. While his most recent posting was as commander of precinct two at Eastern Division, today San Pedranos remembered him and his contribution to their community.

Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550542
06/03/21 04:38 AM
06/03/21 04:38 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Jemmott, The Legend

And while they are here to cover Jasmin Hartin's epic fall from grace, most in Belize are mourning the loss of Jemmott, a well loved cop who had served all over the country.

Now, we know he was not universally loved - we get that - but the big cop with his easygoing style had won the hearts of most he had come in contact with. Jules Vasquez called him "friend" - and so did many other - tonight he looks back at the legend of Henry Jemmoth:

Henry Jemmoth was an immense man - a shade over 6 feet tall and a few pounds over 300 - he carried that size for good reason - because he was so many things to so many people.

His friend Sean Kuylen said this "Griga boy he called a family member was a protector:

Sean Kuylen, Childhood friend
"Always a protector, protect to a fault, to a T - that man was protecting me for years, like from primary school straight up to last Thursday. Ingrained in him in his DNA he was always a protector, nobody could bully me at school, he was physically bigger than me and he use to protect me."

And he also wanted to protect his community:

Supt. Henry Jemmott
"What we're doing is that we're trying to bridge the gap between the community and the police and I believe by us going into the communities finding persons who are needy or less fortunate and we get to those people, because 90% of the time those are the people who would be more prone to committing crimes."

The Mayor of San Ignacio said he also felt protected when Jemmott was the OC in his town:

Mayor Earl Trapp, Mayor - SI/SE
"(silence) It's heartbreaking because we have lost a good soldier, a good police officer we have lost a warrior."

He built that reputation on the mean streets of the Southside where he was feared and respected:

Darrel Usher, Trained By Jemmott
"We were still very effective better than some of the teams today who have like 6 men per truck. We were still very effective because during that time we recovered several firearms off the streets and several drugs seizure especially with Jemmott. That's why Jemmott garnered the name "big hog" through Kraal Road, because you does have a tendency when you go through Kraal Road, he know there were drugs through the open lots and thing like that through George Street and he digs and digs until he find it. It doesn't matter how they would stash it he would find it."

But not only a street cop, he was a very ambitious police officer:

"He was very proud that every time he made a succession in ranking, he was the youngest in history in this country to become promoted every time and that's why it was calculated in his mind that by age this he could have been commissioner of police because he kept calculating and calculating and rising and rising."

Marie Jemmott Tzul, Henry's sister
"He looks to aspire; he was aspiring to be commissioner sometime and stuff like that. So he's like counting I'm 42 and then this one is 50 - so he was aspiring to be the next commissioner in years to come."

Darrel Usher, Trained By Jemmott
"Jemmott always had the push to accomplish a lot, so before Jemmott became corporal, anybody could tell you Jemmott would always have his corporal pin right underneath the button for his shirt, like he has it hidden, but in his mind he already himself at that rank, so he has it there already. So to every rank that he goes, it's the same thing. When he became corporal, afterwards he had that sergeant thing cover up right there. To inspector, the same thing - he was always aiming for that other rank."

"So he looked forward to his career, he looks forward to family and look forward to life. Thats was Henry Jemmott."

Chester Williams, Commissioner of Police
"Personally I knew Mr Jemmoth very well. There are times that we do not see eye to eye on certain issues. We clash at times, but at the end of the day we both have the best interest of this department at heart. As a leader I am not the type who, contrary to what my friend Jules would say, who believe that people must be yes sir into me. I like challenges, because challenges do make you better as a leader and Mr. Jemmott was one of those persons who really and truly at times challenged me."

And that was his style - ambitious, assertive, but also a devoted a family man:

"My brother loved life, he loved life he had passion for his work, he did his work with integrity he did his work with a passion. And that's the way he loved his family as well. My brother loved people, loved people."

Mayor Earl Trapp, Mayor - SI/SE
"And I can tell you he was a loving father and a loving husband because I visited his home on several occasions and the way he treated his family is unprecedented."

A family man, from a strong family:

Sean Kuylen
"And every time we would have a barbeque and stuff what you think would happen, Garifuna drums would come out and a little facetime with his family in Los Angeles or Dangriga or wherever in the world, because it was always happy, jovial Henry Jemmott "king". Loved life to the maximum and if you want to know why they called him "king" it's because the marriage had lots of children and all of them were girls and he was the only one boy and that why he was the king, king of the house. last child and he was spoil."

"I called him the big small brother because he's the youngest of the family, but he's so big! And we look up to him for everything and they look up to me as the female for everything."

A big man, but as a boy, a drummer from Dangriga:

"We have been dancing and drumming from I was 7 years old and I as old as Henry Jemmott at the time of his passing, so that is a long time. We talk about dancing and stuff because we were on a band together which was the "Griga Boys Band" which I was the founding member. Jemmott was actually the shaka man and turtle shell man and Jemmott whap turtle shell until the stick broke."

For me, I will remember Jemmoth as a friend one who was very proud of his home and home improvements - this was the last video he sent me, showing off his new sliding gate:

Supt. Henry Jemmott
"This is how you do it like wah boss electric gate my boy. set up the timing right."

Sadly, he was far from that home when he found his end in another place he called his home:

Supt. Henry Jemmott
posted (December 13, 2016)

"You can come and have fun in San Pedro."

For Jemmott a night of fun turned into death - an unimaginable end for this officer:

"They have put a dagger in our hearts, we will pray for her as we are praying for his soul."

Channel 7

Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550684
06/08/21 11:07 AM
06/08/21 11:07 AM
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
Supt. Henry Jemmott died a happy man

Police Superintendent Henry Jemmott spent most of his last day alive doing what he loved most-fishing. On Thursday, May 27th, the deceased senior cop was the happiest man on the boat and wanted to repeat the fun the following day. Unfortunately, that was his last fishing trip, as hours later, he was shot dead in the early hours of Friday, May 28th, while socializing with Lord Michael Ashcroft’s daughter-in-law-Jasmine Hartin. On May 31st Hartin was charged for Manslaughter by Negligence after she claims to have accidentally shot him.

Francisco ‘Panny’ Arceo, a senior Justice of the Peace, who had taken Jemmott on the fishing trip, said he was shocked when police called him with the news. Jemmott was one of his best friends. Arceo shared details of the last hours he spent with his dearest friend. When Jemmott, who was based in Belize City, arrived on the island on Wednesday, May 26th, he let his friend Arceo know he was in town, and they arranged the fishing trip. The following day at 9AM, they went out to fish. According to Arceo, Jemmott was in high spirits, contrary to reports that he was sad and stressed. Arceo said he was the best angler on that trip. “Every time he threw the line, a fish was hooked, and by the end of the trip, there were two buckets of fish,” said Arceo. He said this had never happened before, and he was surprised by Jemmott’s fishing luck that day. Arceo made it clear that there was no drinking during the fishing trip. Afterward, Jemmott came for dinner to his house around 7PM. Along with him was a gentleman named Manuel Pacheco, a jeweller who, in February 2020, got off Murder Charges. Arceo said that after dinner, Jemmott thanked him for the meal, and they planned on going fishing again the following day. Arceo joked with him, saying, “I am not taking you because you already caught two buckets of snapper, and you got your share.” Arceo said Jemmott responded, “Ok, child, I will be here and take the boat by myself.” Jemmott never told his friend Arceo where he was going or what he was doing that evening. Hours later, he was awoken by the terrible news.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550780
18 hours ago
18 hours ago
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP

Superintendent Jemmott to be laid to rest Saturday

Fallen police Superintendent Henry Jemmott will be laid to rest in Dangriga on Saturday. During Monday’s press briefing A.C.P. Joseph Myette said many of his fellow officers have been affected by Jemmott’s death.

ACP Joseph Myvette, Head, National Crimes Investigation Branch

“As is the norm, when it is a police funeral, they are given an official funeral. And a small participation is expected from across the country, bearing in mind the COVID measures that are still in place. So, indeed it is a fallen officer from within our ranks. We do sympathize with the family of the fallen officer. And indeed, some officers who were working with him are being affected as much as many of us are being affected by any fallen officers. Yes indeed, the normal police funeral procedures are being put in place while we prepare for that funeral.”

Jemmott died on the early hours of May twenty-eight at San Pedro while out on a pier with a Canadian woman, Jasmine Hartin.  According to her statement to police, she claims they were drinking together when Jemmott’s service revolver accidentally fired, a bullet hitting him in the back of the head.  She was charged with manslaughter by negligence and is out on bail pending trial.

Channel 5

Ag COMPOL Broaster Reflects on Jemmott

And while the Compol carries out duties in Costa Rica, his deputy DCP Broaster will take his place at the funeral of their fallen brother Supt. Jemmott.

And this morning I asked the acting COMPOL about his recollections of his friend and colleague Henry Jemmott. Here's that reflection.

Funeral For A Fallen Cop

Earlier this week, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Joseph Myvett, explained what the funeral would entail procedurally. Of course, it will be a funeral with full police honours. Here's how he put it:

ACP Joseph Myvett, Head NCIB
"As is the norm when it is a police funeral, they are given an official funeral and a small participation is expected from across the country, bearing in mind the COVID measures that are still in place. So indeed it is a fallen officer from within our ranks and we do sympathize with the family of the fallen officers and indeed some officers who were working with him are being affected as much as a large number of us are being affected by any fallen officer. But yes indeed the normal police funeral procedures are being put in place whilst we prepare for that funeral."

We will have coverage of the funeral.

Channel 7

Re: Henry Jemmott [Re: Marty] #550790
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
oregon, spr
Marty Offline OP

Marty  Offline OP
State Funeral of Superintendent Henry Jemmott

The Belize Police Department, says its final goodbye on the "King" Henry Jemmott, Supt of Police. You are gone "King", but you will never be forgotten by those you loved, and those that loved you.
Sleep on for we will meet again.
RIP

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,611 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,577
Posts488,675
Members19,884
Most Online5,456

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.