bywarren, you're right in a sense. What is the carrying capacity of a place like AC? We tourists will come down and spend $$$ but we'll consume water, consume fish and other foods and leave waste. Then again, we have the same problems here at home, where I live 2 blocks from the intracoastal waterway. We humans are gonna leave our footprint wherever we are. That's why I think there's value in being thoughtful about our impact wherever we are.

Jeff, like I said before I never accused you or blamed you for anything. You put the taking of the fish on the Cap'n stating you're just along for the ride and don't ask questions or offer opinions. That's fine. I didn't think the words "I saw Cap'n Jeff's pix" were terribly incendiary. Again, I'm not sure why you're all worked up since we both agree you don't have a dog in this fight.

Since you brought it up, I'm not saying it's the same thing but if you're on a boat and the captain's using dynamite to fish is that a "personal matter" and you're not about to tell him what to do? We are allowed our opinions and last time I checked we're free to state them if we think we see something out of sorts. If you think taking juvie jewfish is no big thing, then enjoy it while it lasts. We had lots of local old-timer fisherman here in Florida who thought it was OK to take any and every jewfish they saw too and then guess what? We hardly had any jewfish left. Funny how that happens, huh?