On January 24,2006 I notified the Board of Directors of the San Pedro Social Club, that I was resigning the office of President due to personal reasons. On January 25,2006, I notified the general membership of the above resignation. I post these details in a public forum as I have received many emails and phone calls inquiring why I decided to take this action. The short version is, it takes up too much of my personal time. I have enjoyed working for the SPSC and raising a fair amount of money, that every penny has gone or will go directly to the benefit of the children of San Pedro. Have there been rocky times? You bet. Trying to accomplish our stated goals and keeping everyone involved happy at the same time, should not be mentioned in the same sentance! It simply can't be done. Have I been critized? You bet. Was it justified? Some was. However, undue criticism was in abundance. That was more than off set by all the positive comments and support from the majority. I hope someone will stand up and assume the leadership necessary to complete this, in my opinion, very worthwhile cause. I will remain available until that someone is in place and/or the 501(c)3 application is complete, but I will not be active beyond 2-1-06. The board authorized the committment of, up to $40,000bze, to support the Calendar Girls classroom project. They have been advised of this decision and the stipulations attached to this committment. I deeply appreciate all the hard work, donations and support, of not only the members but the business comunity in San Pedro that helped make this a modest success.

Best wishes to all !

Ernie Brannon