Hi Mobunny,

Just to let you know we are all here and well. Thank you for asking.
First things first yes the restaurant is up for sale, the main reason is the school that the 2 older children were going to and the little one we have was going there in September, last year it closed. We had no school and 3 months before they were to start again, I got places for 2 and not the little one and that took some time. They are now all in school, but what happened to that school we can see it happing again. I have been told there are 3000+ children on the caye.

Another reason is Thipaya has been away from Thailand now 16 years, 3 here and 13 in England.

Just to make a point about prices, they range from BZ$19.00 - BZ$55.00 and that is for the 16 oz US beef steak. We have only six tables and are full most nights; unfortunately we do have to turn people away. Thipaya can only cook so many meals at one time; Thipy has 2 hands and 5 gas rings.

Over 50% of are customers are local and we do have quite a few medical students. One day I asked if he could go into a restaurant were he lived in the USA and have a meal freshly prepared and cooked by the chef and owner for US$15.00, when he got up from the floor he said no way. We are from Yorkshire and we believe in value for money.

If you need more try [email protected]

Love John and Tippy