I have to disagree with you on this issue Rick.
Lee is not asking for donations for the prisoners. She is asking for donations for a doctor who is a friend of hers.
Regardless of where he practices or should we say...the place he gets stuck in this exchange program...he still needs the proper tools, equipment and supplies to work with.

Unfortunately Belize is not blessed with doctors who come from top notch medical schools or doctors who have a lot of years of experience under their belts doing critical care medicine.

The Cuban doctors that come here seem to do a fairly decent job and I for one would like to keep them here in case I need them one day.
If Belize continues to bring these doctors here and then never supports them with what they need, they will get discouraged and stop coming. What would be the point?

It's not about patching up prisoners. It's about appreciating decent health care when it comes knocking on your door. There is a bigger picture here than a prison doctor. Belize needs all the good doctors it can get!

Jim, I'm not sure what you mean about Hattieville being privatized. Tell me more. I'm definitely not sure how they could make money to support themselves. I'd like to know details about that arrangement.

Cheers! smile