I have been to Kanantik and it is very lovely. Large thatched roof deluxe cabanas. Located S of Hopkins on the coast of the mainland. They have a true all inclusive program which includes everything except motorized fishing (diving is included). Pricey tho at $310 pp per night. Cabana only is less expensive ($265/nt) but it is very remote so unless you rent a vehicle you will be eating all your meals there and doing their tours. No village or anything in walking distance (hardly anything in reasonable driving distance!) They have a private airstrip and Maya Air will stop on their run to/from Placencia. Beautiful place, great for honeymooners. No kids under 12 allowed. I think they have excellent customer service - I had a bit of a mix up with a reservation where it was confirmed for a certain date in early Nov, then they emailed back saying it could not be confirmed since the hotel was closed till a week later. I sent the original "confirmed" email back asking what was up with that. Eventually the owner called me very apologetic, and said he would re open the whole hotel earlier for my clients! Can't beat that for customer service!!!