seashell: I do not mean to turn this into a debate on your and my ideas of a safe dive or safe diving procedures. I just personally feel that on a dive like the Blue Hole, all divers should be able to dive the profile of the planed dive and if not, for what ever reasons, they should abort the dive.

My friend was the dive master on a Blue Hole dive, 30 years ago, when a diver got narcosis and headed for the bottom. By the time the dive master caught up with him their bottom time and air supply did not allow for a slow enough assent and proper decompression. They both ended up needing re-compression and by the time they got to a chamber too much damage had been done.

My opinion is formed on 46 years of diving. I have dove the Blue Hole enough times that I would have to strain my memory to count them.

We can argue all we want over each others opinion. I just believe that some of the deaths that have occured in the Blue Hole could have been prevented if divers that began to experience narcosis were able to recoginize it and aborted the dive as opposed to continuing and going beyond their limits on that particular day under those particular circumstances. That is my opinion - based on my experience.