Dear Chloe, Seashell,NY, Denny, Dobie, Chucky Bob,
Skully Boy, Ernie, and everyone who has interest in my daughter Haley, I just thought I would share some news. After a heated argument with my husband, I finally agreed with Haley to let her play volleyball in the 6th grade. Because of her cerebral palsy, she only has the use of her right side of the body. Her coordination is poor, her visual tracking is even worse. She has seizure disorder. Needless to say, you can imagine what has run through my mind. Last Tuesday was our first game day. I watched nervously as the team
worked through the rotation. When Haley stepped in the the server's position, I felt my stomach turn. How was she going to serve a volleyball clear over that net? All I could think of was, "Please God, don't let her be embarrassed".
Much to my surprise, she stepped into the square,
threw the ball high in the air with her functional right hand, and when it came down, she hit that sucker over the net!!! She ended up scoring several points. She was so proud and her team was so proud of her. Haley has taught so many during her 11 years and I'm very proud of her.

Thanks for letting me share my exuberance!

Teenah