Hello friends!
ok along with my {bringing doggy into the country} question, I am wondering if anyone knows the actual status/availability of kidney hemodialysis to travelers in Belize? Oh no wait my question was about living off of US social security in Belize.

I think the last time I posted, it was to get help convincing my NEW husband to come to my fav country for our honeymoon....which never happened because he went into congestive heart failure due to kidney failure, three weeks after the wedding. Well I suppose you could say we had a two week honeymoon in the regional hospital! They even let me sleep there, in his private room and they even fed me once in a while too! And get this ...all on the Fed Gov's tab (IHS-Indian Health Services)! Geeee what a vacation I tell ya!
Never the less....he actually wants to come to Belize now but is permanently on dialysis, 3 days a week, 4hrs 40min a day.
I know there is dialysis there but not sure how the system works.

Ok my main question was to those eXpats of the US or anyone in the know...
If my husband quits work for health reasons and gets disability $$, then can we live off that $$ in Belize? Do you think? Is it being done?

I hate life right now frown and all I can think about is moving him down to beautiful Belize, where we can live a peaceful life amongst friends! :p But he may get a transplant soon, yay! So I guess we just have to hold out a lil longer.

Gee...we just celebrated our 1 yr anniversry too, man time goes fast!

please dont be afraid to email me directly

Sarah